CHAPTER 19

CHAPTER 19 : Lanterns of Change
---------------------------------------------------------

"Do you like it?" Fawad asked her as he noticed Safia taking bites of spicy noodles and she gave him a nod.

"Yes , I love spicy things" Safia told him . Despite hating every second with him , she decided to just focus on the good thing—food .

"What else do you like?" Fawad asked her and she started carrying on her list of favourite foods .

"What do you like?" She asked , to not make him feel like he was excluded from the conversations. She don't want him to certainly take any other major step in anger.

"I don't have a preference for anything" Fawad told her while taking a bite from her bowl of noodles , and Safia slapped his hand , making him retreat .

Her eyes widened when she realised what she did . She have a habit of slapping hands whenever someone touches her food without her permission. And she slapped Fawad Siddiqui-

"I—"she started to apologize , but got cut in the middle. Fawad laughed at that . She gasped as she stared at him, realising that the man just laughed.

"It's all yours" He said.

"Give me one bowl of that too" Fawad told the lady and passed her the money . The old lady quickly poured the food in the bowl and gave it to him.

'Geesh I am embarrassing' Safia thought to herself .

Fawad took the bowl in his hands as they both started talking , and eating it . She changed that topic quickly and Fawad didn't pressed on it either.

"So-what's your favourite colour?" Safia asked him randomly.

"As said before . I don't have a preference for anything " Fawad simply repeated himself.

"But if you have to chose one colour what will be that?" She asked while taking a bite from the food.

"Which colour do you like?" Fawad asked her a question instead of answering her question.

"Perhaps sky blue" Safia answered.

"Now it's your turn to answer" Safia told him.

"Sky blue" Fawad answered.

"You would choose sky blue as well? Great choice Mr Siddiqui" Safia told him while taking another bite of the food.

She kept talking about one topic or two , to keep him entertained, so that he can forget about the things which happened early in the morning. By this time , the sky's shiny colours were replaced with a warm hue of pink and orange.

"It's late-"Safia told him , looking at the sky. 

"Are you going?" Fawad asked her with slight disappointed in his heart. He didn't wanted her to go . Atleast not now . He enjoyed spending every second in her presence.

"Yes . Today is light festival too right? So I have to go and get ready for it too" Safia scratched her nape.

"Are you going with someone to the light festival?" He asked her .

"Yes , perhaps few of my friends " Safia told him.

"Oh-okay. Hope you have erm a great time" Fawad tried to sound sweet.

"Thank you so much" Safia said and walked away .

~~~

"So how was your time there?" Ismail asked Safia as she was applying kajal over her eyes.

"At first , it was horrible and later it became a bit less horrible . He seemed like a normal human today . Talking sweetly , hearing my opinion and all that" Safia told him.