CHAPTER 39

CHAPTER 39 : Crossroads of Past and Present
----------------------------------------------------

The train soon halted. Safia looked at Fawad , with the eyes almost asking as if 'Is it our stop?' to which he gave a slight nod.

"Will call you later Tiru" Safia smiled and cut the call after receiving a similar reply from the other side.

"Let's go" Fawad told her.

"But wait , I don't have any dress and what about my cute bags?" She asked.

"They are at home , and safe . So relax . And I will buy you a few clothes here itself" Fawad told her , and she shook her head.

"No no ! Not at all ! I don't want anything " She requested.

"C'mon , I will buy a few clothes for myself too . This way we both can wear pairing dresses" He told her.

"But-"she jut her lips . As good as the idea sounded , she didn't wanted to waste his money.

"You are a billionaire, just use your money for something good . Donate it" Safia told him.

"I will do it too . But let's enjoy and make some memories too okay?" He told her and she gave a little nod.

"But let's buy it from the side shops !!" She excitedly told him.

Fawad gave a little nod and walked out of the platform uninterrupted by anyone . The city was getting slowly active, and the night lamps were switched off by now .

The people started to display the shirts and dresses on their shops and Fawad could almost swear that he haven't encountered more cringe shirts ever , but somehow , he saw a couple wearing the same shirt .

It was a deep blue shirt which the man was wearing with pants , and the girl beside him was wearing the shirt on , with a skirt and had a similar hijab wrapped around her head.

Safia stared at the girl with shock.

"Firdaus !!" She exclaimed.

"Firdaus? Who?" Fawad asked.

"The girl on the side , she's Firdaus" Safia whispered in disbelief.

"The girl from restaurant?"

"Yes , I still remember her deep blue eyes" Safia said.

"Stay on the side , I will deal with them" Fawad told her and Safia's eyes widened and she shook her head almost pulling him towards her own self.

"Don't do this please" she whispered with worry.

"Her husband or whoever the man is beside her , is very strong" Fawad looked at her with a small chuckle.

"Then you don't know me , my love" Fawad walked towards the man , who was caught off-guard by Fawad's presence , nonetheless the look on his face remained normal and he just chuckled.

"I didn't expect you to come for a one-on-one fight like this," the man chuckled, his grip on Firdaus firm. "But now that I am with Firdaus, I give you two options..."

He was well aware that Fawad and his team were working days and nights to find him , and he knew the reason as well.

Firdaus stared at Safia and then hid herself behind the tall man . Safia stared at him . He was almost around 6'3 , and well built. His skin was tan and he appeared American by his features, although Safia wasn't fully sure.

He had a cut across on his eyebrow.

"My uncle? As in my father's younger brother, the one who left the family?" Fawad asked, confusion knitting his brow.