CHAPTER 38

CHAPTER 38: Nightmares & Incomplete Confessions
--------------------------------------------------------

Rudhra's pov

The room was dark , with no ounce of light appearing anywhere . I kept walking slowly towards the other room , from where a small light was coming out .

My heart dropped . It's repeating again .

Each and everything.

I knew what I was about to see, yet I couldn't control my steps and walked , almost peaking in the room from the side . A lady was craddling a small child in her arms , humming a tone. Her back was facing me , yet I knew who she was.

"Why aren't you talking?" The lady asked the kid and I could feel myself getting pale.

"Why aren't you talking my child ?" She asked again , this time crying harder.

"Tell me why isn't my sweet daughter talking!" She turned around and my eyes teared up and my throat felt like a metal chain was tied around his throat , choking him .

Her eyes were filled with tears , and her whole face was sore . She had cuts across her face , and body. What was more horrifying was the child in her arms , which was drenched with blood .

"Tell me why?!" She asked again .

"She's—She's dead !" I answered . I have answered this countless times before , everytime . But it repeated again . I just wanted to get over with it.

"She's not dead ! You killed her ! You killed my child Rudhra! Why did you do it ?!" She asked .

"Augustus was your friend ! You are a monster " She cried.

'I-I am a monster' I clenched my fist with the fear of knowing who I actually was.

I always knew I was one , but this time , the words felt more heavier . It wasn't a term anymore which made me feel powerful , instead weak . Way more weak than I could ever think.

"MONSTER !"

I looked around , and the people, who I have killed before gathered around me , walking towards me slowly as I kept backing off.

" YOU ARE A MONSTER" Everyone shouted in a high pitch voice and my ear drums felt like it would tear .

"You can never have your own family, after destroying ours !" They said , and I backed off as much as I could , almost coming back in the first hallway . They all came towards me , but before I could move even more behind , hot chains came and wrapped around my hands and feet stopping me from moving behind.

"It's the chains of hell Rudhra, you are wrapped in it—Just your death is separating both of you" Zeheb told him .

"Rudhra !"

"RUDHRA WAKE UP!"

The voice started to blur out.

"Rudhra !!" I opened my eyes with a gasp.

"Are you fine ?" An unknown girl asked me .

I just backed away and stood up silently . My heart was still pounding hard against my chest . It wasn't the first time I saw this dream and I knew it wouldn't be the last one .

My heart was beating loudly against my chest.

"Why are you crying Rudhra , here have some water please" She passed me a water bottle which I just pushed back . My mind was fuzzy and I quickly walked towards the washroom to ways my face .

The water which dripped down my face felt like it was droplets of blood dripping down my chin. I closed my eyes and kept spalshing water on my face to calm myself down.