CHAPTER 3

Chapter 3 : Shadows in the forest
---------------------------------------------------------

Author's pov:-

The long hours of duty finally got over and I sat on the chair , calling Ismail . I wanted to share my loads with someone .

I dialled his number and after a few rings , he finally picked the phone up .

"Hello Chimpo" He greeted and I cringed at this weird nickname he gave me .

"Can you stop calling me that?" I asked.

"No-" He laughed .

"Arghh okay ! Then I am cutting the phone . I am in no mood to deal with you"

"Eh-okay okay. I won't be teasing you . Now tell me what happened?" He asked and his voice was soft this time as if he was genuinely worried ."Another bad day?"

"Hmm" I hummed.

"Okay tell me what happened-I am listening" after hearing his words I started to share how my day went from saving the ladies purse , to being late and then realising I lost my own purse too.

"Tough day" He said .

"Yes-"

"Okay , why don't you do one thing , go home early and rest okay?"

"Not like I have another choice" I sighed .

"Chimpo-relax . Everything wrong leads to something which is right , maybe destiny is leading you somewhere too" He tried to comfort me .

"I don't know where it's leading , but by this pace I believe it's the streets "

"No, don't say this . Astagfirullah . Don't worry a lot . How about you go to the police station? Maybe you can find something good there or possibly news about your stolen wallet . You tried to do good to someone, Allah swt won't do anything bad to you " His words calmed me down a bit and a little hope filled my heart .

"Okay ! I will head to the police station" I said and he chuckled.

"Yes that's great Chimpo"

"DON'T CALL ME CHIMPO" I warned him in a heavy voice , while gritting my teeth in annoyance.

"Haha okay . I will be heading to work , and I will talk with you at night, tell me how it went" he told me .

"Fine , take care"

"Take care too.....CHIMPO" he teasingly said cut the phone . I gasped and clenched my fist angrily.

'Can he stop calling me that already?' I cried to myself.

I gathered my stuff up and hung them on my shoulder . "Safia—how did your day go?" Abhishek asked me while coming from behind , he came to the duty a bit late .

" It's going okay-Hope you have a great day too" I said and walked outside . I didn't want to spend much time talking with anyone , especially him . He isn't bad or anything, it's just he talks a lot and today I wasn't in the mood to talk .

"Is your day going bad?" He asked and I lightly nod .

"Why ? What happened?" He inquired.

"I lost my wallet " I replied .

"How ?"

Here comes the questions.

"Someone stole it , and I didn't realise it at that moment. I will tell you the whole story later , but for now , I have to head back home" I pushed the door of the restaurant open.