CHAPTER 36

CHAPTER 36 : Call from the college
----------------------------------------------------------

Author's pov

Fawad was sitting on the chair tiredly , his hairs were sticking over on his forehead with sweat , and he was taking deep breaths to calm himself down .

Tring

Tring

He irritably picked up his phone to cut the call but stopped when he saw the caller ID. 'Safia.' He closed his eyes and answered.

He closed his eyes , to calm himself down . He picked up the call .

"Hello Safia ? How is your day going ?" He asked trying to get the most peaceful voice he could muster.

"Mr Siddiqui are you free?" She asked .

"Ofcourse, how can I help you sweetheart?" He inquired while getting up from the chair , trying to fix his hairs with his left hand .

"You sure you are free?" She inquired again.

"Yes , tell me what happened? Did someone troubled you?" He asked.

"No , actually, yes . I don't know " Safia frowned.

"Okay , relax . I am coming to college . Don't panic " Fawad just got out of the room , and stared at Rudhra who was standing outside holding a bottle of liquor in his hand , his eyes half droopy .

Dark circles were clearly evident , and he looked tired.

"What are you doing here ?" He asked Rudhra .

"I—I wanted to talk about something" Rudhra blurted out , alcohol reeking down his breath.

"I will talk later , sit in my room , and you"he stared at the maid beside .

"Clean the room" he added to the order , but before he could go, Rudhra put a hand over his shoulder.

"Your reports were—" Rudhra tried to say but his eyes felt heavy , and the maid quickly rushed to his side to handle him.

"Will talk about this later Rudhra you should rest" Fawad just walked out , and rushed straight to the car . The maids stared at him, and his messed up attire. His hands were bleeding from the side which he just wiped in his handkerchief.

He sat inside the car , and stared at his reflection in the small mirror . Opening the small box on the side of the car , he started to tidy up his own self . Brushed his hair , tidied up his shirt and tie .

F L A S H B A C K

Fawad came to the house , it was late at night . Almost all the maids were sleeping by this time . He expected Safia to be fast asleep too.

Tick

Tick

He stared at the wall clock .

3 : 45 am

'It's late' He sighed and walked towards the hallway , and went to drink water from the kitchen .

He poured down the water into his cup , and came into the living room to drink it . He was tired and sat on the couch , almost collapsing .

"You are back" Safia said coming from the side slowly. She was in her night dress , wearing her pink pajamas with a purple slipper pattern over it .

"You are awake?" He asked her , and she hummed , still feeling sleepy . She came towards him and sat beside him.

"You should have slept" he brushed her hair from her face , feeling all his worries vanish .