Ch 48- Big Surprises

"Adrien?"

Marinette's eyes watered at the sight. Adrien, the love of her life, was no longer standing by her side. Instead, the blonde model was kneeling behind her, holding a small box tightly in his hands and tears in his eyes.

The room was silent. Everyone was amazed at the revelation before them. It was no secret that the two had been dating. It was known all around the world after the past events. It was obvious the teens were in love and had no intention of hiding it. But no one ever expected what was occurring at this very moment.

"Adrien, w-what.." Marinette tried to speak but failed to find the words.

Adrien took a deep breath in an attempt to calm his overwhelming nerves. Gabriel chuckled as the small box in his son's hands shook, making his nervousness obvious.

Gabriel's eyes met his young son's emerald eyes. For the first time in his life, Gabriel noticed Adrien was looking for reassurance, and he would give him just that. "You got this, son," Gabriel mouthed. There was no doubt in his mind that everything would turn out perfectly. Marinette loved him. She was willing to give his life for him many times.

That was all the reassurance Adrien needed. Taking another big breath, Adrien began to speak.

"Marinette, my princess, M'lady. I have waited so long for this moment to come. The moment I can kneel before you and tell you how much I truly love you."

The bluenette felt tears rolling down her cheek. "Mari, ever since we met, you have been there for me, unlike anyone else. Ever! You loved and cared for me, even at my worst. Even when I hurt you and put you through hell, you never gave up on me. You were there for me in moments when I found myself with nothing and had no place to go. You brought me into your home, and your family welcomed me in and gave me love, and I am eternally grateful. But as if that wasn't enough, you risked your life for me time and time again. You would have done anything to ensure my happiness. Princess, you are unlike anyone else. No one would have done even half of what you have done for me. I can't imagine ever going on without you."

At this point, the entire room was in tears. Many had witnessed love confessions before, but never like this, and most definitely amongst teens of this age. They were both so mature and so in love. It was unlike anything anyone had ever seen before.

"I guess what I am trying to say or ask, well. What I am trying to do-" Adrien nervously ranted. "I-I," Adrien sighed. He didn't understand why he was nervous. The blonde knew Marinette loved him. There was no doubt in his mind that she did, but what scared him was the possibility that maybe she believed they were too young to get married. It made sense since they had yet to finish high school, but they were soulmates. There was never any doubt of that.

Mustering the courage, Adrien spat it out as fast as he could. Almost as if he was ripping off a band aid. "Marinette Dupain Cheng, I love you. I love you with all my heart. I know we are young and that this is all a lot to handle in one day, but will you make me the happiest man in the world and be the co-face of the new Agreste Brand? Will you become an Agreste? Marinette, will you marry me?"

Marinette couldn't believe her ears. Adrien had stated before that he wished instead of living an illusion, the two were actually getting married, but after everything was said and done, he had not mentioned it again. She thought that maybe he had changed his mind, or worse, but here they were in front of almost all of Paris, her blonde, gorgeous boyfriend and love of her life was asking her to marry him and become the co-face of Agreste as an Agreste herself.

Marinette looked at her parents. She wondered if they were okay with the idea. Yes, they were indeed young, but after all they had been through together, Marinette wanted nothing more than to be Mrs. Agreste, wife of Adrien Agreste.