Chapter 21- Unmasked

*** Sorry for the wait, my loyal readers, but I am back. I hope you like this new chapter. Sorry for it being short but it is for a reason. Thanks to all my loyal readers for your undeniable love and support. Sending love, MMF.***

"I'm sorry, bug," Chat Noir whispered.

"I hope one day you will be able to forgive me, but I have to do this. I love her. I can't let her die."

Rena smiled as her delusion looked almost too real. Their plan would work.

Paris was in Chaos. Many couldn't believe Chat Noir was betraying Ladybug for a girl. Others understood the power of love and stood by the young man that once was their hero. They understood why Chat Noir was giving up his miraculous no matter what it meant for them. But from behind the scene was one man standing with an evil smile.

The same man who predicted this would happen if he had Marinette Dupain Cheng in his possession. The same man who turned Paris upside down in search of his miraculous and who would have done the same thing as Chat Noir if he had that choice. Hawkmoth.

Hawkmoth's smile vanished as he heard Marinette whisper a weak "No," from behind him. He didn't understand how the teenage girl could be strong enough to survive his beating and still have the strength to refuse to be on his side.

Hawkmoth never wanted to hurt her, but the second he found out it was the same girl his son was in love with, he became angry. How dare she play with his son's heart! How could she date both Chat Noir and Adrien?

His son was in love with this girl. The same girl in love with the holder up the cat miraculous and was willing to give her life up to save the black-leathered hero and his miraculous. That was the girl his son would give up his life for. That was the damn girl!

It all made sense. Adrien's discomposure had happened the same day Chat Noir confessed to the world his love for Marinette. "How dare you! How can I just let my girlfriend die? How can you ask me that? I love her!" Those were the hero's words. "He is with his girlfriend," those were Natalie's words. How was that fair to Adrien? It wasn't! She had to suffer!

Truth be told, Hawkmoth admired the bluenette's bravery. She would have been perfect for Adrien if not for her lack of loyalty to his son.

"No?" He questioned. "He is doing this for you! What my son would do for you! You see that right there?" Hawkmoth asked, pointing at the screen. "That is called real love and loyalty. He is loyal to you! That is why he is willing to come to me. He is doing for you what I am trying to do for my wife! What you don't deserve."

Marinette looked weakly at Hawkmoth, feeling confused. "I do have to say it's impressive how strong you have been. If only he knew your love for him was not as loyal as his for you."

"You say you rather die for him?" Hawkmoth asked, pointing at the screen. "That is who you love? Well, what about Adrien? He loves you. How could you do that to him? My son deserves better than that, better than YOU!"

Marinette's eyes widened. Son? Adrien? "M-Mr. Agreste?" Marinette whispered hoarsely.

Hawkmoth grunted as he realized his mistake. Marinette Dupain Cheng now knew of his identity.

Marinette couldn't believe it. At that moment, all she could think about was Adrien. Chat Noir was Adrien. Hawkmoth was his father. The news could crush Adrien just as his mother's death had, but most importantly, neither one will be able to forgive themselves if they were to hurt the other.

Things had just taken a turn. A very bad turn.

"W-why?" Marinette asked as she struggled to breathe.