Chapter 45- Gabriel's help

Gabriel's heart broke as he noticed the look in his son's eyes. Adrien's eyes held the same pain he had throughout these past few years. Losing Emily had destroyed him, vanishing every ounce of happiness in him. That is why he had turned to the miraculous. Gabriel hadn't been strong enough to deal with the pain, but Adrien was different.

Even while facing the same fate Gabriel had, and although having access to the miraculous, Adrien refused to use that power for his selfishness. Adrien was strong, but now, he had to deal with the pain of losing the love of his life.

Because of him!

No! He would not! Gabriel would do whatever it took for his son not to live the rest of his years with that kind of pain.

Almost as if it was out of instinct, Gabriel took a step forward, allowing himself to come in a distance of the sleeping bluenette.

But Adrien had always been faster. With a swift move, the blonde stood tall, blocking his father's view. His hand held the arm the designer had bearly began to stretch to touch the girl.

"I swear to God if you hurt her in any way," Adrien gritted the warning through his clenched teeth.

"You'll kill me," Gabriel finished for him. "I know, son. I know you will," He whispered sadly. Of course, he deserved his son's hatred, Gabriel that, but it didn't mean it didn't hurt.

After all, wasn't his son willing to kill for the one he loved? How was that different from what he did do for Emily? Gabriel sighed. Now was not the time or place to discuss it. They weren't here for family therapy. They were here for Marinette. The girl that believed in him even when he held nothing but evilness.

Gabriel cleared his throat before speaking again. "How do I help?" He questioned.

Taking the opportunity, the Kwami's flew out together. Gabriel's eyes widened as he saw the Kwami of creation and destruction together. He had spent months trying to get a hold of them, and here they were, by his son's side, and Adrien had no intention of using their power. His son was an example to follow. Even through his pain, Adrien was strong. That made Gabriel believe that if his son could have that strength and maturity, so could he.

"The process is simple. Marinette is in the void. We need you to send a butterfly to lead her out," Tikki spoke up, sitting by her holder.

"Why me?"

"Because you have been the only human in history that was able to connect with the moth miraculous the way you did."

"That wasn't me," Grabriel whispered.

"It was you. The miraculous becomes powerful with emotions. Not only can it take positive, but it can also take on negative emotions. Your pain and hatred were too powerful, so the miraculous morphed into something evil. You can control it. You only have to want to," Tikki corrected.

"How do I do it?" Gabriel questioned. He was ready. After everything that happened in the past, Marinette was like the daughter he never had. She was a future Agreste. A real Agreste! From talent to strong will, Marinette was the only girl for his son. She held the best of both him and Emily, just as Adrien did.

"Send a butterfly to guide her back," Plagg replied, crossing his arms. Just as his holder, the kwami of destruction held little trust for the man, but Tikki had a point. Only he could bring his guardian back.

"How do I do that? How do we guide her back here?" Gabriel questioned, feeling confused.

"Send a butterfly to her brain," Tikki replied nervously. She knew that part was new to Adrien, and from the look on his face, the kwami knew he was not happy.