27th of February 2024 entry.

📝27/02/2024.

When you start to feel like the old you again, it hits you like a ton of bricks. One day, out of nowhere, emotions flood over you and the tears just won't stop. You cry because it's like you're finally alive again, actually feeling things.

I broke down when I realized how much of a jerk I had been when my anorexia was at its worst. My mom, who has always been there for me with so much love and care, got the brunt of it. I pushed her away, yelled at her for trying to help, and just couldn't stand her constant concern. And even though she tried to hide it, I could see the hurt in her eyes.

The guilt and regret hit me like a ton of bricks. I cried my heart out, not just for how I treated my mom, but also for all the pain I had caused myself. Looking at my sickly, underweight body, I was shocked that I had ever wanted to be that way. It wasn't about missing being sick, it was about realizing the damage that had been done.

I bawled my eyes out thinking about how mean I had been to everyone, how numb I had become when I was in the grip of my eating disorder. Emotions were such a rarity back then, and now they're hitting me like a tidal wave. It's all so overwhelming - the shock, the regret, but also this newfound sense of connection to myself and the world around me.

Emotions felt foreign to me. But I had been gaining them back. I was more empathetic, aware and genuine due to me getting closer to recovery.