Thirty-Three | Bonus Chapter

3 Years Later

'Katherine, hurry the fuck up!' Hort shouted upstairs.

'Alright!' I yelled, closing my suitcase, before magically floating it downstairs. I zipped up my ankle boots, and made sure my outfit was straight without a single crease in it, and then headed downstairs. 

Hort was pouring coffee into a travel mug. 'For when you get there. I know you don't like to go more than 3 hours without your caffeine fix.' 

'Aye, you know me, brother, thanks.' I nodded, putting my leather jacket on. 

'I received a letter from dad.' He started. 'Apparently he's in Neverland at the moment.' 

'What the hell is he doing there?' I raised an eyebrow, flipping my hair over my shoulder. 

'No clue, apparently running an errand for a friend, he didn't give much details.' He shrugged. 'Sophie said it was for the best we didn't know too much, because his line of work can be dangerous, but I said to her, danger is what I live for, and she just rolled her eyes at me!' 

I grinned. 'How is Sophie?' Hort and Sophie, the reader from Galvadon, had reunited a couple of years ago and were now married. 

'Yeah, she's good, still as snarky as ever though. I don't know how I put up with it.' He smirked. 

'She's your wife, who you love dearly, that's why you put up with it.' I pointed out, taking the travel mug off him and putting a lid on it. 'Tell her I said hi and I'll see her at Christmas. Oh, and remind Hester and Beatrix, they're also coming over for Christmas.' 

Hort grabbed my suitcase, walking out with me towards the forest. 'We'd best get a move on, you've got about ten minutes.' 

'It's only a five minute walk, Hort.' I responded. 

We soon reached the clearing, and Hort handed me my suitcase, before giving me a quick hug. 'I'll see you at Christmas, sis.' 

'Aye.' I handed him my house keys. 'Don't miss me too much.' 

He said goodbye before leaving, and I held my coffee in one hand and my suitcase in the other, before I was shortly picked up. 

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I was soon gently dropped off on the bridge linking the two schools. I looked all around me, getting my bearings, as I noticed a familiar princess in gold walking over. 

'Katherine!' Clarissa Dovey smiled, giving me a hug. 'So good to see you again!' 

'You too.' I returned the smile. 

'Right, I've got so much to tell you, but first let's get you settled. The rest of the teachers are all in the teacher's lounge.' She led us back up to the School for Good. 

We soon reached the teacher's lounge, and Dovey introduced me to some of the newer teachers I hadn't met, and some old familiar ones. 'Katherine is here as the new History of Good and Evil teacher.' She told everyone else. 

'Lovely to see you again, Katherine, how have you been?' Professor Anemone smiled. 'Hold on, is that a ring?' She took my left hand, which now adorned a delicate silver ring which was glittering with a single emerald. 

'Oh, yes, is that what I think it is?' Clarissa gasped. 

I grinned. 'Aye. Leonora proposed over the summer.'