One Shot: Swing **

18+ only

Tw: swinging in a marriage, cheating basically, smut, shitty spouses, talk of divorce, sensual sex, unprotected sex, creampie, dirty talk, softrry, angst

Word count: 11,300

Melody

   "No." I cross my arms as my jaw tightens with betrayal. "I'm not comfortable with that idea, Ray."

My husband scoffs at me as he rolls his brown eyes, the ones I once loved to gaze into that only hold distaste for me now. Where has our love gone? Why has our marriage grown cold? Or is it me?

"I'm telling you, Brandy from work and her husband open their marriage all the time and it has improved because of it!" Ray's voice pitches up a little, growing angrier. "Haven't you ever thought of sleeping with another man?"

"No!" I snap incredulously. "But I'm so thrilled to know that you've thought of sleeping with another woman."

He sighs, his tall frame sauntering over to me where I stand at the foot of the bed in our room. "C'mon, baby. Don't be like that. It's purely experimental."

This feels like a gut punch; a knife to the back. It's like he's confessing he wants to cheat on me, and I'm supposed to just be okay with it and let it happen? How do people do this shit?

"I love you," my voice falters. "I can't watch you—be inside of another woman."

Ray places his lips on the top of my head. "Are you not wanting something more?"

"We've been married for three years, together for six, and you're already bored with our sex life?"

"Of course not," he consoles me, holding my face in his hands. "You're amazing, Mel, but I just want to expand what we have. I want to please another woman while you watch."

I try to contain the horror that that very sentence strikes through me. The emotion that is making my chest cave in with grief is beckoning to my tears, coaxing them to fall down my cheeks, but I resist giving myself that relief. He really wants this, and he's the only man I ever truly loved.

"Who is it that you want to—please?" I utter the last word like it's a dagger I'm plunging into my own heart. "Is it Brandy?"

"No," he laughs gently, as if this isn't an absurd conversation. "I found someone online."

With a racing heart and a calm tone, I ask, "You've been talking to other women?"

"Not in the way you're thinking." He rubs my arms now, gently, but it feels like he's burning holes in my skin. "Only out of curiosity to find someone who's interested in the same things. I wanted it to be strangers."

"What about, like, diseases?" I ask him pointedly, hoping he'll realize this is fucking ridiculous.

"Both her and her husband have recently been checked and given a clean bill of health," Ray smiles proudly. "And I made an appointment for us to get checked, as well."

My brows ruffle with anger. "Ray, I'm not comfortable with this."

"Please," he urges lightly. "I haven't asked for much in this marriage, Mel, have I?"

I turn my head, unable to look at his face any longer. "What is it about me that turns you off so much that you need to find sex with someone else? I just turned twenty five! Am I not young enough?!"

"Baby," he says soothingly, trying to calm me, but it's certainly not working. "You are everything to me. It's not your age, your weight, your looks, your body, anything. This is just a fantasy of mine."