One shot: Perfect For Me

Hi, I'm back. I'm sorry I've been so IA, depression is such a bitch. For anyone struggling, please make sure to always seek mental health help and reach out to a loved one to talk. Hey, you could even vent to me, I don't mind! I love the messages. You're not alone.

Anywayyyyy, this is just a fluffy one shot request by @madxxstyles of shop owner y/n and customer Harry! No smut. I don't know if I could mentally write detailed smut rn, but we'll see if that changes lol 😏

Enjoy!

Fluff Only
Tw: sexual tension, cursing, kissing, talk of sex

18+ only

Word Count: 4,000

Harry lets out a steady breath before he pulls the shop door open, the bell above dinging loudly to announce his arrival. He's instantly hit with the smell of coffee, one of this store's many specialties. Harry couldn't ask for a better place to sit and write his music when he's wanting a change of scenery from home.

There's coffee, little baked goods, books, and plants all neatly placed in their own section of the store. So many different people come in here, each having a specific part of the shop in mind to get to. Harry, on the other hand, enjoys every single section equally. He comes here often, maybe too often. He's purchased several books, hundreds of coffees, and even flowers for his mother's birthday a few months ago.

With all of that said, he knows that as perfect as this little slice of heaven is, the items for sale are not the main reason he comes back. It's Y/n.

Y/n is the owner of this establishment; her idea of combining botany, her love of literature, and desire for caffeine all played out beautifully, and in pristine harmony. Harry has had many conversations with Y/n, but for the life of him, cannot ask her out.

She's said in casual conversation that she's single, but he never jumps at the opportunity to say anything. Normally he's a very confident and suave man, but with Y/n, it's different. She makes him forget his words and even stumble over them at times, which makes his cheeks flush scarlet with embarrassment. It's aggravating as hell for him. He wants her, but he's not even certain she feels the same way.

So, as he strides in and tries to look busy with the café menu he practically has memorized, he promises himself that he'll make a move on her today. He knows the worst thing she can say is no, and he'll just hide in the corner when he comes by to write from now on.

The thought makes his palms sweat. What is it with this woman that has him incapable of functioning normally? Is she an angel? Perhaps a witch. He doesn't know.

"Hi, what can I make for you today?" the young woman at the counter asks him with a cheery voice and broad grin.

"A mocha latte, please," Harry grins back.

She gives him a total and asks if it's for here. Harry simply replies 'yes' and pays for his latte. He waits at the pickup counter for his drink, his eyes floating around the store, hoping they land on Y/n somewhere.

Once his drink is finished, he cups the large mug in his hand and carries it by the handle over to a secluded table. He settles the ceramic glass down onto the laminated wood with a light thud, relaxing his body into the plush blue velvet chair.

Harry reaches into the back pocket of his jeans, retrieving a small journal that he likes to bring to write in. It's discreet enough and doesn't draw too much attention, and he can easily push it away if someone speaks to him. He's not overly-fond of sharing his music. It's deeply personal to him, and he never quite feels like it's good enough to put out there. That'll never stop him from creating, though.

Harry Styles Shorts and One Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें