One Shot: Comfort

This is just a fluffy one shot of Harry comforting you after an anxious/difficult day
TW: Body dysmorphia, Mental health
Word count: 1,990

"Harry?" I call out as I walk into our apartment.

There's no answer, to which I sigh, closing the front door behind me. I make my way into our bedroom, undressing from my work clothes. My eyes begin to fill with tears as I gaze at my reflection. Not only did I have a shit day, but I've began to PMS. I'm so bloated that I look like I could be a few months pregnant.

My stomach sighs in relief once I've shimmied out of my pencil skirt.

"God," I groan in disgust.

I already hate myself, but when I'm about to get my period and my body looks even worse than normal, it makes me so upset. I've always had severe body dysmorphia, and I know that, but I can't help but feel that I am truly and utterly repulsive.

Without gazing in the bathroom mirror at my reflection, I turn the long silver shower knob, starting the hot water. It's icy at first, and I stand naked outside of the glass doors, being sure to keep my back to the mirror.

Work was hell today. I'm a receptionist/manager at a hotel, and I had this one woman give me such a hard time for no reason. I was convinced she just wanted to see me jobless.

The woman stayed at the hotel a few days ago, and was livid once she realized the hotel charged her extra for damage done to the room.

"Why the hell was I charged an added two hundred dollars on my credit card?!" she shouted at me.

My face twisted with confusion, asking her for her name and when she stayed with us. Not only had she broken a lamp, but she also stole the towels and robes, which you aren't allowed to do. Our hotel is rather lavish, so our fabrics are expensive.

"Ma'am," I began, "it says here that there was some damage done to the room, as well as items missing."

The brown-and-gray-haired older woman scoffed and rolled her piercing blue eyes that had wrinkles surrounding them. "You've charged the wrong person!"

"You stayed in room 1525, right?" I asked politely.

"That's right," she snapped.

"Yes, that room had a broken lamp, three missing towels and two missing bath robes. Our policy clearly states that any broken or missing items will be charged according to the severity of damage, or the price of the items that are missing."

"Oh, so you're accusing me of stealing?!"

It took everything in me to not jump over the counter and punch her in the face. But instead, I took a deep breath in, calming my nerves. "No, ma'am, I'm not."

"Then refund me!"

"Unfortunately, since you went against the hotel's policy, we will not be able to refund you your money today."

The woman's hair shined at me from beneath the chandelier on the ceiling, just as her eyes were alight with a fiery anger. "I want to see a manager!"

"I am a manager, ma'am."

"Get me your boss!" she shouted.

"I apologize, but my boss is currently on vacation. You're more than welcome to call corporate and explain your situation. Perhaps they could refund you the money for the damage you caused and items you stole, but I, unfortunately, cannot."

Her eyes narrowed. "You're just a little bitch!"

My anger burned within me, but all I did was nod.

A security guard near the entrance looked at me as he heard those words but I nodded to reassure him I had it under control.