Forty One: "Back At It"

"You look so good in love

"You look so good in love. You want him, it's easy to see."

~*~*~
Hallie_Boeser added to their story...

Caption: Flowers are a girls bestfriend🌷

~*~*~

After some magic Captain Quinn persuasion, Hallyn was able to get her job back. Right in time for the new season to start.

She had been so busy getting the video posted, more content uploaded, and getting herself ready for the busy schedule that was to come.

Hallyn was really proud of the video. It wasn't anything over the top but everyone seemed to love it so she was able to take a breath of relief.

Quinn was at practice all the time now and Hallyn loved to sit in the stands and watch him while she did her work.

After the very obvious bump in the road things have been so smooth sailing. It had only been a week since they got back together but Hallyn was happy with how things were progressing.

"Hi pretty girl."

Quinn tapped on glass infront of her and mouthed the words. She smiled brightly at him and watched as he skated away. He would come over to her every once in a while and check in. She thought it was so sweet.

Once practice was over she was allowed to stand on the home bench and wait for him to finish. Hallyn filmed a few clips standing at the bench but was otherwise done when Quinn came skating over.

Hallyn pretend to be a fan when Quinn came over, well she was already a fan of him so it was quite easy.

"I like your beard huggy bear," She tilts her head in a mocking gesture, "It suits your face." Hallyn rarely called him huggy. She thinks it's a cute nickname but she just never really calls him that.

His lips curl into a sharp smile, "You should try sitting on it sometime."

Hallyn physically chokes on her spit as Quinn walks away from her and down the tunnel but not before flashing her a wink from over his shoulder. She took a minute to gather herself as the few remaining players who heard that laugh in her expense.

She turns to Dakota Joshua who is looking at her with a raised eyebrow, "When did he get so bold?"

"I'd like to know. Damn he caught me way off guard with that."

Dakota pats her back lightly before helping her off the bench and down the tunnel. She waved goodbye to him before turning down the hallway and heading to her office.

When she got to the room she saw a giant bouquet of tulips sitting on her desk. Hallyn burst out into laughter as she saw a card with familiar handwriting.

"Do you like gardening? Because I will go down on your tulips."

          ~ Love, Quinn.

He had gotten her a bouquet of tulips every day since she had forgiven him. The cards had some stupid pickup line that always made her laugh. It was really sweet but completely unnecessary. Hallyn had already forgiven before he met her at the ice rink.

It was so hard to stay mad at him when she was so deeply in love with him. Her heart was practically molded to his. He was apart of her very soul now.

She tucked the card back into the flowers and moved to sit down at her desk. She's been waiting for Quinn in her office now. It felt a little more professional than hanging outside of the locker room like a damn groupie.

"Ready to go?"

Quinn popped his head into the door. He had his toque shoved all the way down on his head. She smiled at him. He was always wearing that damn toque.

"Yes sir," Hallyn scooped up her purse and the flowers before walking under his arm and out the door. He smacked her harshly on the ass.

She squealed loudly, "Quintin!"

"Call me sir again and there's more where that came from."

He threaded his fingers with hers and the two of them left Roger's Arena and headed for Quinn's apartment.

~*~*~