Thirty Nine: "Cracked"

"You're still all over me, like a wined-stained dress I can't wear anymore

"You're still all over me, like a wined-stained dress I can't wear anymore."

~*~*~

It had been 3 whole weeks since Hallyn last spoke to Quinn. She spent most of her days in the house but on the days she had to go into work she did her very best to avoid him. The season was starting soon and she knew that she would have to face him eventually.

Hallyn wasn't sure she could do it. He broke her heart. He killed what little happiness she had built up inside of her. She was a changed woman now. A shell of the person she used to be.

This type of heartbreak was new to Hallyn. She had  never had her heart broken to the point of physically pain, until now. Quinn's outburst which caused their potential was so goddamn random she couldn't help but replay it in her head. She still has no idea if they were officially broken up. He couldn't even have the decency of telling her that.

Did he use her as an excuse. Make it seem like it was her fault so he could feel better about himself when he inevitably broke it off.

She thought about it constantly and still for the life of her couldn't figure out why he did it. Why he didn't just take the space to cool off and come back to the topic. Why did he have to go all radio silent.

Life was just different without him in it. Everything reminded her of him. She hated how much of an effect he had on her.

"Hallie bear, it's time to get up."

Odessa's voice rang through the otherwise quiet living room. Hallyn had been lounging on the couch for hours now. She was watching hoarders while buried under about 100 blankets.

"No," she mumbled refusing to leave her little cave. She had no energy to do anything or go anywhere.

Odessa sighed softly before curling up next to her, "I'll let it slide for today but tomorrow you need to get up. Brock and I are starting to get really worried about you. Even some of the guys from the team have been asking about you."

"I put my two weeks in today."

"What!" Odessa was flying off the couch. She screamed so loudly it caused Brock to come scrambling in the room.

"What happened? Is everyone okay?"

"Your idiot sister quit her job," Odessa was steaming. She hand both hands on her hips and was looking at Hallyn like she just stole a car and Odessa was her disappointed mother.

"You did what? Happy you love that job. Why would you quit?"

Hallyn sat up slowly. She looked an absolute mess of her self. Her eyes were puffy and her hair was in a nasty looking bun.