Thirty Eight: "Home Coming"

"I wish I didn't, but I do

"I wish I didn't, but I do. Remember every moment on the nights with you."

~*~*~

*BACK IN VANCOUVER*

"Move in with me?"

Hallyn damn near dropped an entire casserole dish on her feet. Brock was out doing whatever it is that he does so Hallyn and Quinn had the apartment to themselves for a little while.

"Christ Quinn, can you ever ask me a big question in a normal fashion."

His face was stone cold. She was shocked to see how serious he was. Hallyn expected to look up at him and see a teeny smile on his face.

"Oh. You're serious."

"Of course I'm serious, move in with me baby. Please."

Hallyn set the casserole dish down on the counter. She released a heavy sign before propping her weight onto one foot and looking up at him.

"I don't know, Quinn. Don't you think it's too soon?"

They had been home for a week. Things had been going so well but they were both really busy and hadn't seen each other that much.

"Where is this coming from? We just got back home. I think we need time to settle in before deciding on something as serious as moving in together."

Quinn's face grew cloudy. His jaw was set in a harsh line as he looked everywhere but her, "So it's a no."

She sighed once more. She could tell he was upset but she just wasn't ready for that step. They had spent every waking moment together when they were in Michigan. She wanted to see if they could last with a little bit of space. She needed just a little bit of space.

"For right now, i'm saying no. That doesn't mean it won't ever happen. Please don't be upset."

"I'm not upset Boeser. It's just good to know where your head is."

She was taken aback for a moment. He only calls her Hallyn when he's upset. This suddenly change in his mood has her heart dropping to her ass. This is it. This is the moment where the veil is ripped away from his eyes and he decides he doesn't want to be with her anymore.

"Are we seriously going to fight over this? We've been together for 3 months. Space is important for the growth of our relationship. I'm a grown ass woman and I will not be dependent on you."

"Oh space. You want some space?" Quinn laughed and any warmth she was feeling died inside of her. It was harsh, cold, and oh so familiar.

"Don't you dare turn this on me. Im not ready to move in with you and if you can't handle that then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not doing it."

Quinn stood up and grabbed his things from the counter. Hallyn followed him as he went to the door and pulled his shoes on.

"Where are you going? You don't get to just walk out on the conversation."

"I'm giving you space Hallyn. Clearly this relationship was nothing more than a summer fling to you. I cannot believe I allowed you into my heart," Quinn jabbed a finger into her chest. It caused her to take a step back, eyes watering.

"You are just like every other girl trying to get with me for my money. Thanks for showing me your true colors. If space is what you want then space is what you get, i'll save you the trouble of having to come up with an excuse. Clearly we aren't on tne same page and I need time to think about what I want, don't fucking call me."

He slammed the door behind him and left her standing in the doorway, tears streaming down her face. She couldn't believe what just happened. He gave her no time to explain herself.

She knew this was going to happen. She knew he was going to break her heart the moment things got a little tough. If she gave any sort of pushback he was going to run. It was what he was good at.

Hallyn lowered herself to the floor, curled up into a ball and just cried. She cried for the future she thought she would get, the family she thought she would have. She cried for the short lived happiness.

Brock found her in that same position a few hours later. He walked into the door and was immediately greeted by Hallyn laying on the floor.

"Hallie, what's wrong? What happened?" Brock scooped her up into his arms and rocked her back and forth as she cried.

"I said I didn't want to move in with him and he freaked out. I think he's going to break up with me," she choked out over her tears. They never stopped flowing, never letting up for a second.

Brock's heart cracked as he held his sister. Using as much force as he could in order to keep her together. He was determined to keep her from falling apart any more than she already had.

"It's okay. It's going to be okay," he whispered over and over again as Hallyn sobbed. Her body shook as her heart was shattering right in front of him.

~*~*~