"You're no Father to me." Mara snapped back.

Len stood back up and went to charge at her but Mando had grabbed his blaster. He shot the white haired man where he stood. "Stay away from my Ad, you hut'uun."

Mara's Crystal stopped glowing and she leaned against the wall, breathing heavily.

                                           ~🌗~

Mara pov:
I held Grogu close as Mando lead us and a cuffed Moff Gideon down to the bridge. In his hand was the Dark saber. I had to admit Mando looked really cool with it.

The doors slid open and we walked into the bridge where Cara, Bo, the other lady Mandalorian, and someone I didn't recognize, stood.

"What happened?" Bo asked.

"He brought him in alive, that's what happened." Cara walked over and pulled me into a tight hug. "And now the New Republic's gonna have to double the payment."

"That's not what she's talking about." Gideon spoke up, looking over at Bo. "Why don't you kill him now and take it?"

Even in my weakened state I took a step closer to Mando. My gaze hardened as I looked at Bo. Grabbing onto my Crystal tightly. Cara shoved Gideon to the ground.

Gideon smiled. "It's yours now."

"What is?" Mando asked.

"The Darksaber. It belongs to you."

Mando walked over to Bo and held out the Saber. "Now, it belongs to her."

"She can't take it. It must be won in battle. In order for her to wield the Darksaber again, she would need to defeat you in combat."

"I yield. It's yours."

"Oh, no." Moff chuckled. "It doesn't work that way. The Darksaber doesn't have power. The story does. Without that blade, she's a pretender to the throne."

"He's right." Bo whispered.

"Come on, just take it."

Suddenly alarms blared through the bridge.

"Well, perhaps she'll get another crack at it."

"The ray shields have been breached. We're being boarded." The lady, I didn't know her name, said.

"How many life forms?"

"None."

"You're about to face off with the dark troopers." Gideon turned to Mando. "You had your hands full with one. Let's see how you do against a platoon."

I looked at the monitor to see the black droids that had taken me and Grogu, heading towards us.

"They're headed this way."

"Don't worry, kids." Mando guided me to sit near a control board, out of the way. "I'm gonna get you both out of here." He set his hand on my head before walking back over to everyone else.

"Seal the blast doors!"

The doors shut. Ceiling us in and the droids out.

"They're here."

Everyone stood ready, blasters aimed at the door. I jumped, clutching the Child tighter, when the doors started to bend and shake. Loud banging coming from the other side.

"You have an impressive fire team protecting you." Moff smiled. "But I think we all know, after a valiant stand, everyone in this room will be dead...but me... and the Children."

I reached up and held my Crystal tightly. My other arm clutching the child close to me.

Then suddenly another alarm went off. Everyone looked out the window to see an X-wing flying by.

"An X-wing."

"One X-wing? Great. We're saved." Cara scoffed.

"Incoming craft, identify yourself."

Grogu coo'd in my arms and looked towards the door. The Droids stopped trying to get through the doors as well.

"Why did they stop?"

I looked over at the monitor to see someone in a black cloak and green saber, cutting up droids like cake.

"A Jedi?" I breathed.

Moff grabbed a blaster and started shooting at Bo, knocking her out of the way. Then he aimed it at me and Grogu. I gasped and covered the Child with my body. Mando jumped in front of us just in time. His armor taking the blow and shielding us.

"Drop it!"

I shakily stood and watched the monitor. The Child set his hand on the screen, watching just as intently as I was.

The Jedi destroyed all the droids one by one. If I thought Ahsoka was good, this Jedi was awesome. Then they walked over to the door.

Both me and Grogu looked over at the door, waiting.

Mando picked up the Child and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, guiding me forward."Open the doors. I said, open the doors."

"Are you crazy?"

He set the Child on a seat and pressed a button to open the doors. I stood, leaning on the chair.

The doors opened and in walked the Jedi. His green saber glowing brightly. He deactivated it and clipped it to his belt before pushing back his hood, revealing his face.

"Are you a Jedi?" Mando asked, like it wasn't already obvious.

"I am." The Jedi answered, then he looked over at us. "Come, young ones."

I didn't move to walk, neither did the Child. We both just looked over at Mando.

"They don't want to go with you."

"They want your permission. They are both strong with the Force, but talent without training is nothing. I will give my life to protect the Children, but they will not be safe until they master their abilities."

Mando walked over and picked up Grogu and grabbed my shoulder, gently leading us over to the Jedi. "Hey, go on. That's who you belong with." He looked at Grogu. "He's one of your kind." His voice wavered. "I'll see you again. I promise."

Grogu reached out and touched Mando's helmet. I refused to move, my gaze latched into his visor.

Mando then did something I never thought he would do.

He lifted his hand to his helmet and took it off. Dropping it onto the floor.

My eyes widened as I look in his face for the first time. His eyes were brown, his hair the same color. A small stubble on his face.

I wrapped my arms around his torso in a hug. Hot tears rushing down my face.

Mando used his arm, not holding Grogu, to wrap around me. He held me tight against his cold armored chest. He kissed the top of my hair before letting go.

"All right, verd'ika. It's time to go." He smiled down at me.

"But I'm afraid." I whispered.

"Don't be afraid." He said, his voice gentle and real without the modulator.

I went to walk over to the Jedi but ran back and hugged Mando one last time. "Thank you for everything.......Dad...."

I picked up Grogu and walked over to the Jedi. A small R2 droid beeped at us. I smiled softly at it as the Child Coo'd.

"May the Force be with you." The Jedi set his hand on my back and guided me to the door.

I looked back at my Dad and smiled, my Crystal glowing softly. He smiled in return, tears welling up in his eyes.

Then the door shut.

——————————————•—————————————
AN: I didn't think this chapter would be so hard to write. But this is the end of season 2. After the Hiatus we will be moving on the BOBF and season 3!
Wc: 1417
Thank you for reading!
K out!