The Family: Pt 4

I felt the sway of someone walking when I regained consciousness

I felt the sway of someone walking when I regained consciousness. I was to weak to open my eyes but a few tears fell from them.

Mando was gone, dead.

It was only me and the Child.

I was alone again.

I faded back into unconsciousness.

I woke to a hand cradling my face. When I opened my eyes I was met with the emotionless visor of my Mando. I felt tears drip from my eyes. I shot forward and wrapped him in a hug.

"How are you alive?" I cried.

"Shhh verd'ika. I'm here now." He hugged me back.

I felt him pick me up in his arms and start walking.

"How can you carry me, you were just dying?" I muttered, leaning head on his shoulder.

"The bacta infusion is working." IG said.

"Found this on the ground though you might want it back." He dropped my Crystal into my hands.

"Thank you."

"We're close let's go." He pointed his light to the ground.

Cara, Greef and IG followed behind.

Mando turned into a hallway. Things looked to be thrown all over the place. Then I felt Mando suddenly stop. In front of us stood a pile of Mandalorian armor.

He set me on the ground and walked forward. He dropped to his knees in front of the pile. Everyone was silent for a moment. Then Cara walked up to him.

"We should go."

"You go, take the ship. I can't leave it this way." His head snapped to Greef. "Did you know about this? Is this the work of your bounty hunters!" Mando growled.

"No! When you left the system and took the prizes, the fighting ended and the hunters just melted away. You know how it is, they're mercenaries, they're not zealots."

Mando quickly stood and stormed up to Greef. "Did you do this?! DID YOU!?"

"No!"

"It was not his fault." A new voice spoke.

Everyone quickly turned to see a new Mandalorian. She had a Golden helmet with spikes at the top. A short fur cape rested on her shoulders.

"We revealed ourselves. We knew what could happen if we left the covert." She picked up a peace from the armor pile. "The imperials arrived shortly there after. This is what resulted."

"Did any survive?" Mando asked.

"I hope so. Some may have escaped off world." She continued to grab the armor and put it in a floating crate.

"Come with us."

"No. I will not abandon this place until I have salvaged what remains." She pushed the crate forward.