The Passenger: Pt 1

The suns were frying me to a crisp

The suns were frying me to a crisp. Mando's broad shoulders offered little protection as the Suns were directly above us now. Sand clawed at my exposed skin as the speeder drove faster.

Then in the blink of an eye, I was airborne. The speeder tipped forward and threw us all off. I screamed and tumbled through the sand.

When I managed to come to a stop and steady myself I felt a sharp and cold object on my throat. I look up to see three bounty hunters either dead or unconscious behind Mando. The child was hiding behind his boot. Mando was facing me, hands outstretched as the fourth hunter held a knife to my throat.

"Wait! Don't hurt the girl." Mando called to the hunter.

My eyes were wide with fear and shock. Why were there hunters still after us? I thought Moff Gideon was dead?

"You put one mark on her there is no place you will be able to hide from me." He warned. "We can strike a bargain. There's a lot of value in this wreckage. Take your pick."

I gasped as the blade was pressed closer to my skin.

"But leave the girl."

The hunter yelled something and pointed at Mando's jet pack with the blade.

"Here. It's yours." He took the jet pack off and set it on the sand in front of him. "Take it. It's okay."

The hunter released his grip on me and grab the jet pack. As soon as the hunter took off running, I bolted to Mando. I barreled into his chest and he wrapped his arms protectively around me.

"Are you okay, verd'ika?" He asked softly.

I nodded.

Mando pressed a button on his v-brace and the jetpack flew into the air, the hunter still holding on. Mando pressed a few more buttons and the man fell to his death. The jetpack landed right in front of us and fell back.

I turned my head back to look at Mando, He only shrugged. I rolled my eyes and looked over at the speeder, or what was left of it.

"Speeders destroyed, we'll have to carry everything back." Mando sighed.

"I can help with that!" I smiled.

Mando turned to me and tilted his helmet in question.

I sighed and the soft glow enveloped my body.

I grabbed a bag with my jaw and threw it over my back, then looked back at Mando. He seemed to understand what I was getting at and walked over.

"You sure about this?" He asked as he started to pack the gear onto my white scaled back.

I nodded.

I knew Mando, he would have carried all this himself. But my Draga form was stronger so there's no reason I couldn't do it.

Once everything was packed into my back, Mando placed the Child into the satchel and led the way back to town.

I had to admit, all the gear was heavy, the suns were definitely burning my scales and the sand was hot and uneven to walk on, but I would rather me carry all this then Mando.

I was tired of being useless. Just being dead weight. At lest this way I could help. Contribute something.

And so I walked behind Mando as we headed back to Mos Eisley. This was going to be a long walk.

——————————————•—————————————
AN: Sorry about the short chapter. Still haven't been able to get my Disney+ to work so this was all I was able to do off memory. And no I totally didn't post this at 2Am.....
Wc:534
Thank you for reading!
K out!