The Family: Pt 1

The Child has been great company for when I'm bored

The Child has been great company for when I'm bored. Except When he is asleep. How Mando can stand the dead silence, I'll never know. After a while space gets pretty boring. The only sound is the ship. Well, it was the only sound.

"My friend, if you are receiving this transmission that means you are alive. You might be surprised to hear this, but I am alive too. I guess we can call it even" It was Greef Karga. " A lot has happened since we last saw each other. The man who hired you is still here, and his ranks of Ex-imperial guards have grown. They have imposed a despotic rule over my city, which has impeded the livelihood of the guild. We consider him an enemy, but we can not get close enough to take him out. If you would consider one last commission. I will very Much make it worth your while."

I looked over at Mando. What was he thinking?

"You have been successful so far in shaving off there hunters. But they will not stop they have there prizes."

I glanced over at the Child.

"So here is my proposition, return to Navarro. Bring the children as bait. I will arrange an exchange and provide loyal guild members as protection. Once we get near the client, you kill him, and we both get what we want. If you succeeded. You keep the children and I will have your name cleared with the guild. For a man of honor, should not be forced to live in exile. I await your arrival with optimism." The transition ended.

Mando was silent, dead silent. So I decided to speak first.

"Are we going back?"

He glanced over his shoulder at us. He just stared for a moment before turning back around.

"Not alone." He answered finally. Punching in some coordinates.

~🌗~

I had fallen asleep during the journey to wherever Mando was taking us. But I woke to the ship dropping out of hyperspace.

My eyes widened at the planet before us. Sorgan.

"We're back?"

"We're here to get help." Mando told me.

I thought for a moment. "Cara?"

"Cara."

~🌓~

We walked into the cantina to see Cara fighting with a large Man with horns on his head. Not to my surprise Cara won.

"Pay up mud scuffers!" She yelled.

Mando walked over with us trailing behind him. "Looking for some work?"

We sat down at a table and Mando explained what Greef had told him.