The Sanctuary: Pt 2

"Bad news! You can't live here anymore

"Bad news! You can't live here anymore."

Mando and Cara had returned right before sunset. I stood next to Winta, with the Child in her arms, and Omera. They both have treated me and the Child like family.

"I know this is not the news your wanted to hear but there are no other options." Cara told them.

The crowd erupted into sounds of disagreement and anger. "You took the job!"

"That was before we knew about the AT-ST."

The crowd sounded confused but I knew exactly what that Imperial Weapon could do. My mother told me story's of how those walkers destroyed cities and leveled army's.

"The armored walker, that you knew about and didn't tell us."

The crowd continued to beg for there help. "We have no where to go." Omera voiced.

Cara was more assertive now. "This is a big planet. I've seen smaller."

The crowd continued to argue and beg. I made eye contact with Mando's visor. I mentally pleaded with him to think about this carefully. The Walker upped the stakes.

"You can not fight that thing."

"Unless we show them how." Mando spoke.

~🌒~

The crowd dispersed for the night and I walked back into the barn. I sat the child back in his crib and turned when Mando entered.

"Do you really think they can beat it?" I asked.

He sighed. "I don't know."

"I want to help fight." I stepped forward gripping my crystal tightly.

"No." His voice held no room for argument but I was too stubborn to listen.

"I can fight, I want to help!"

"No, you're just a kid."

I raised my voice. "I'm sixteen! And I've been on my own for years before you came along!"

Mando didn't say anything and just stared at me through that stupid helmet. I felt myself shrink at his emotionless gaze. For once I just wanted to see his eyes. To know what he was thinking.

"Please, I don't what to lose anyone else." My voice barely a whisper as I looked down at my feet.

I heard Mando sigh before I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Mando kneeling in front of me, to be around my eye level.

"You won't lose me kid."

"Promise?" It was so stupid to ask.