morning

i awoke to my mother abruptly opening the curtains to my bedroom. the bright light of the sun shining through the blinds, blinding me. "up and at em, honey. you need to go out and get groceries there isn't any food here, and take that hoodlum with you i don't want him in the house" she said.

"mom- don't call him that" i protested. as i reached for my hair brush to comb my hair. "well, just go get food yeah?" she said as she was walking out the door. i was gonna get the food anyways but why is she so passive aggressive with it?

i walked downstairs so go get sweet pea before she attacked him. he was making me breakfast which consisted of a bagel covered with cream cheese and a peeled orange on a platter. he had this cutest look on his face, all proud. "come on babe, we're gonna go 🎶grocery shopping 🎶" i said to him as i lead him up the stairs. "we need to get dressed, i have the list of food right there on my dresser" i said as i took a bite from the bagel. he took out a clothes from my dresser for him and i to match.

i didn't really take him as the type to do that but apparently he is. he's so precious. as soon as we were dressed we hopped on the back of his harley with backpacks to carry the food in.

we made it to clover market super co. the only grocery store we had close to riverdale. it was somewhere near greendale i think. it was a nice outing for him and i. seeing him pick out food in the produce section made me realize i hope to marry him in this lifetime.

it sounds stupid i know but think about what man would ever sacrifice his time to pick out the best looking tomato's with you. in my head, in this town, that made him marriage material.there was no one else i'd rather be with.

as soon as we finished we went home in a strenuous trip. we obviously didn't think it through but us and the food come home in one piece. mom however, wasn't there. she left a note saying how she was sorry but something unexpected came up but that she would be gone. it didn't say when she'd be back so i just assumed she left once again. typical mom.

she wasn't exactly the type to be tied down. as i read the letter i felt disappointed but not. i handed the letter to sweet pea and as soon as he finished reading it he hugged me and put the food away after pouring me a glass of whiskey. that man, was perfect in more ways than one.