first day

(the series gets better i promise)

it was a regular day in the Woods home except it was the first day of senior year. i was nervous as usual but very excited. in 9 short months i'll he finished with high school. i was on my way to riverdale high. although i lived closer to the south side i attended a school that my close friends went to.

we all said we'd meet up in the student lounge but in my way there i noticed something strange. a group of boys walking towards it. in the mists i spotted one particular person standing by a locker looking very exasperated. his face was clear as day. "juggy?" i asked. "rosy, i'm so glad to see you." he replied.

"what're you doing here? i thought you transferred to southside high?" i asked. it was a confusing situation since through the grapevine people had been spreading rumors about why some students were moving schools. as it turns out southside high was being turned into a prison and the students were being dispersed into different high schools.

the northsiders and southsiders, they've been enemies since the southside fell years ago. i walked with jughead into the student lounge where we all reconnected again. all feeling the exact same emotions. we were also concerned about how things would be knowing that southsiders would be here in our own school.

"what if we hosted a homecoming party for all students at la bonne nuit, so that way we could eliminate any hostility or aggression by extending an olive branch?" veronica so elegantly stated. we all agreed. "you should invite some of your friends jug or some of the serpents that you met from southside" i suggested. he agreed with a smile. jughead wasn't much for parties but archie was in which he was not exactly ecstatic about serpents being in his turf.

however betty had the sincerity to call him down and to get everyone on board. the day passed by like it was nothing, the nervous were unnecessarily fun but the real thing i felt afraid of was that of the homecoming party. there was so many ways it could go wrong. i had decided to go there after i did a pit stop at home to shower and change, i went early enough to help ronnie set things up. as the people started to trickle in we just waited for our friends to get there.

i was sitting at the bar drinking mocktails. "are you...boy shopping?" she asked. "what?!" i replied. "you're eyes it's like you're looking for someone but when you see one you change your mind like eliminating them" she further explained. i looked down at the counter, then back at her as she grinned widely. "it's okay, no judgement, girl. i'm sure your next lover boy will walk right in." and veronica was right with what she said. there was a whole group of boys in these leather jackets with snakes in the back. it was jughead and the southside serpents.

"i reserved a booth you and your comrades, jughead" veronica directed them all to a booth for them to sit in as she handed me menus to follow her. she used that as a ploy to get me in with them. i was nervous about going up to jughead when he was surrounded by them. i wasn't much of a social person as a kid but jughead jones was one of my closest friends and he too was not a social person.

it was odd sight seeing him with that many people but the serpents were his people and with them he felt at home. it was odd though, there was only one girl in my sights. they all seemed so very close, like a family even. i wish i had something like that, with friends i do but i don't think i've ever seen such closeness. there was a very tall one with this gorgeous smile and he seemed particularly close with one of the guys, perhaps a best friend.

what's that saying? "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take" i think that would apply here. maybe she was right for me to try and talk to one of them but would any of them become a future husband? would it just be for fun? maybe i'm overthinking something that may not even happen.

YAY!!! you finished the first part of my new story!! how do you like it so far?

i hope this message finds you well and if not i wish you the best<3

~Peachy