dinner

"the foods just finished, i hope you don't mind but i made lasagna unless you have certain allergies with tomato sauce in which i'd gladly make you something else" i offered. "no allergies here, honey" ms. fogarty said. sweet pea pulled out her seat for her while everyone made their way to sit down at the dinner table.

as i was serving the plates sweet pea walked up behind me "the twins are asleep" he whispered. it's amazing how the twins were able to sleep while we were talking at a higher volume. i couldn't be happier. "this looks great, rosy. i'm starving" fangs said as he looked at his plate. i was unsure if it turned out good because it was my first time with my moms recipe, normally i use my grandmothers but there were limited ingredients. "so, how'd the two of you meet?" ms. fogarty asked.

"well, it's a long story, you see earlier today we learned that we knew each other as kids but then he disappeared on me due to my mother being well, my mother, then we reconnected at the homecoming party" i explained to her. she was speechless where as fangs was confused. "wait so you knew each other as kids? how?" fangs asked since he and sweet pea grew up together. "there was this one tree house that her and jughead would meet up at and i came across it one day and met her there" sweet pea tried his best to explain it in the simplest of terms. "and the universe brought you two back together again" ms.fogarty added.

"alls well that ends well" i replied. "so rosy, do you live here alone?" fangs asked. "yes and no. my parents travel for business all the time, so most of the time it's just me here." i answered. it damped the mood a bit so we just continued eating and small talk about recent events.

a little bit before the table was cleared of plates there was a faint cry of one of the twins coming from the living room. "oh, someone's awake, can i go take a look?" ms fogarty asked. "of course" i replied. while sweet pea, fangs and i sat the table alone together i thought it'd be a great time to try and talk to fangs. "fangs, i know we don't know each other that well but i'd like to invite you here again maybe for a movie? or for drinks? so i could get to know you better, if that's okay?" i asked worriedly.

"rosy, you're dating my best friend, he's like my brother. so yes it's okay for us to get to know each other better" he replied smilingly. "my two favorite people" sweet pea said chuckling. "who comes first? me or her?" fangs asked. "you, of course." i chuckled. sweet pea looked at me funny. "so you'd gladly take second?" fangs asked me. "to you? it's an honor" i said. then fangs held his hand out for a high-five. "ooh, i like it" he replied. that's when sweet pea and fangs cleared the table of our dishes so they cloud wash and dry them. "i'm gonna go check on kids" i said as i walked towards the living room.