movie night

"terminator two: judgment day?" i asked confused turning to sweet pea who had his mouth full of burger. he nodded was he was trying to swallow his food in order to get words out.

"yeah, i used to see it a lot at the-" he said before i finished his sentence. "drive in theatre, yeah i remember that. i used to go with jughead  when we were kids, that's actually where i met archie and betty." i said as i reminisced on my beloved memories.

"you mean we could've been at the same place at the same time and not even know it?" he asked. anything was possible but i wasn't sure if that was exactly true. "maybe, but who knows" i replied in order to brush it off so that way it wasn't something too serious such as fate. sweet pea nodded in agreement that we wouldn't know and we didn't ask about each other's experiences about it. we just laid there watching our movie and eating out food. another memory for the books.

another memory coinciding with this very movie. once i had finished my food i began to feel a bit sleepy and wasn't sure if i should fight it to stay awake. sweet pea noticed and wrapped his arms around me and we laid there falling asleep with my head on his arm as we watched the movie. it was a nice evening for me. i didn't think there was anyone else in the world but us.

i wanted it to last as long as it could because even though i just met him, i felt safe with him and i was happy. i only wished to know that i was able to do at least a fraction of that for him. with his warm touch shielding me, and his heart beating to a steady beat that i could feel as he took deep breaths soothed me.

maybe i was reading too much into this. maybe this was only one sided. either way i'm glad that this is happening and i wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world. then the landline rings. it's 12:43 am only trouble could be the reason of the call. it startled me awake from my deep and much needed slumber.

i hoped to reach the phone in time before it awoke sweet pea. however he was half asleep and half awake. i picked up the phone. "hello?" i said half asleep but alert. "girl i've been texting you and trying to get a hold of you." it was betty. "um, sorry, i was asleep, what's up? did something happen?" i asked disoriented and concerned. "you need to get to sheriff station, something happened with jughead" she said worriedly.

"i'll be right there" i said as i hung up the phone and made my way to get my things and go. "who was it?" sweet pea asked as he was sitting up. "it was betty she said jughead needed help at the sheriffs station" i answered promptly. "im going with you" he said. we both grabbed out things and left on his motorcycle.