my baby

i woke up in the middle of the night it was 2:13 am. i felt stressed. i made my way quietly down the stairs to the living room where sweet pea was sleeping. i wanted to check on him and make sure my mom didn't come down to kill him.

there were wine bottles on the counter and a empty glass there with a cigarette butt dumped in it. it must've been my mom. i went to make myself a cup of coffee since for some reason it helps me sleep. you see, my mom was always a colorful person, i love her, i mean she's my mom but she isn't the best person in the world and she can be very abrasive and hurtful. but she's my mother.

i sat there with my cup of coffee in hand waiting for some kind of sign. it's stupid i know but what could i do? i sat there as i prayed and tears fell down my face and the feeling of hopelessness overcame my body like a parasite. every single little thought from when i was a child of not being good enough every single negative word that woman said to me echoing.

i took off my glasses and covered my mouth to muffle my cries as i did when i was a child. duffle i was a child again. i paused for a moment to remember i can't let these things control the way i feel, the way i live, the way i treat myself and others.  i am my own person and i can't live like this again.

i began to wipe my tears. then suddenly sweet pea was standing right across from me. "JESUS!!, you scared the shit out of me!" i said as my heart beat rapidly in my chest.

he was rubbing his swollen eyes. "are you okay? what's wrong?" he asked me concerned but in a caringly way.

"nothing anymore, i swear i'm okay. it's just with my mom hear it brings back old memories" i said as i got up from the breakfast bar to the sink where sweet pea was. i set my mug down in the sink and looked at him.

he moved my hair out of my face "don't worry rosalina, as long as you have me you won't have to deal with anything alone" he said as he held my cheek with his fingers in my hair.

"have i told you how much i love and appreciate you and everything you do for me?" i said smiling at him. "hm i think you've actually never said any of that before BUT go on" he said jokingly. he leaned in and kissed me. "now let's go to sleep." he said. "i think i'll sleep in my room so she doesn't start calling me names in the morning" i said

"good choice, however in bed with me here in this lovely living room is better option, but respecting some boundaries for your mom is good even if she doesn't appreciate it, now goodnight" he said as he kissed me one last time. he held my arm as i tried to walk away. "don't leave just yet" he moaned and groan.

"bye, sweet pea"

hey guys i actually feel like this is kinda coming a lot better now but i feel like i'm a 13 yr wattpad writer where my english vocabulary is limited but i swear i'm not that young. i hope you're all doing well. much love 💕

~PEACHY