good deeds

our rush to get there was scary since we had no context of what happened or how to make sure this was something we could fix on our own. it was a race of fear and hope we weren't sure which one would win over us.

which we would be when we saw what had happened. 4 almost 5 hours had passed from when i left them at the speakeasy safe and sound yet all this trouble must've happened. i started to think the worst and then fear kicked in on the back of sweet peas motorcycle. we had the station in our sights and speedily began to approach it. while i rushed in and was met by betty and archie, distraught. sweet pea followed after me.

"sweet pea? what're you doing here?" betty asked out of curiosity but i decided it was best we were briefed about the situation at hand before discussing anything of the sorts further.

"what happened?" i asked them both.

"we were walking down by the old whyte wyrm building and there were these undercover cops or something and they arrested him for being a serpent. saying he looked suspicious. we have money to bail him out but they wouldn't let us bail him out because we're not, you're 18" betty explained.

so i went with her to go help bail jughead out with the money they gathered. the nice deputy let me pay and get jughead out with no problem. "i'll bring him out right now, just wait here" he said. less than five minutes later jughead and the deputy walk out to the waiting area where he reunites with betty and archie.

"you had a us worried for a second there, jones" sweet pea said as he sat up waiting for his greeting. jughead must've not notice him until he stood up. "sweet pea? what the hell are you doing here? did betty call you too?" jughead asked. "nope, i didn't call him but i've been wondering the same thing" betty added as she was hugging jughead tightly. "he...was my ride here." i answered after i looked at him. "wait..did you guys..." jughead asked. everyone was suspicious and curious. "we just happened to be with each other" sweet pea answered. i nodded in agreement. "i'm not buying it" archie commented sarcastically with a smile.

the others agreed in the census that it was more than dumb luck that we were with each other, that it was no mere coincidence. "now, how about a milkshake a pops. jail time has changed me" jughead joked. so we all went to the diner. jughead, betty, and archie rode in archies car while i rode with sweet pea in hopes we could get there first and talk in private about what we were gonna do if the subject of us was brought up again.