Chapter 41 Fun In The Sun

2 months later Now it's summer.

Shep: ah, what a wonderful summer feeling. Everyone's on their way to heading out and having fun. Before school starts again.

Teeny: isn't May wonderful, shep? We can have much fun. And the horseland races will be starting this summer isn't it amazing? I hear Y/N is signing up for those races.

Angora: it is quite a treat to see, teeny. I have to say I'm excited myself. Though this heat can get to a cat when I'm outside for too long.

Shep: you can say that again, it is rather warm now that you mentioned it. I'm going to go inside for some cold water. How about you both?

Teeny: of course, shep. We are just as thirsty.

Teeny: shep, where is Y/N and the others?

Shep: I think they went out to go give the new colt some free ranch to roam around on. As well and give the little guy a name.

Now by the steam.

Alma, Sarah, and Molly were wading in the stream. Splashing each other. While you, jack, Bayle, and Nani were laying in the shade. Chloe and Zoey of course had other thing to do besides hang out to talk with all of you.

Nani: they look like they're having fun over there.

Bayle: you can join them if you want, me and the boys are going to enjoy this shade. Ain't that right.

Jack: you said it Bayle.

Y/N: I second and 3rd that.

Nani smiles and than lays on bayles chest to be close to him. Bayle wraps his arm around Nani to give her some comfort. You looked over to see the colt grazing with scarlet. Zod whinnies to get their attention.

Y/N: you 2 doing okay over there?

Scarlet and her colt whinnied as they were responding to your question. You smile and laid down for a little bit longer. The 3 girls were still on the steam, enjoying the cool clear water

Y/N: *summer time is a great time really. Wish my dad was here to see this. He would've been so proud of me....*

Bayle noticed you were a little bit down in the dumps a little bit.

Bayle: everything okay, Y/N? You haven't said much and you look a little down at the moment. Anything you want to share with us?

Jack: if you want to of course.

You sigh and than hug your knees for a moment trying to think about what to say. You didn't want to give up so much information, but you wanted to say something.

Y/N: my mom and dad use to take me to this beach when I was little. They said it was the same place they went to on their 1st date and where my dad placed the ring on my moms finger. How romantic.

Nani: why did they fall out of love than?

Bayle: Nani.....

Y/N: no, no, she's right. I wonder the same thing too.....my mom and dad didn't see eye to eye on things and how I should be raised. My dad was a little more advance and mom was more easy going. It was messing with my head a little bit. One day I screwed up so much that my dad hurt me.....I don't remember much, but I do remember a loud ringing in my ear and my mom yelling at him....next thing I knew I was in my own bed again. That's all I can remember of that day. Next thing I know, me and my mom were moving without my dad. Apparently he had this affair with another woman and that was enough for my mom to leave......