Chapter 34 Shock And Awe

Now at the corral.

You were brushing zod. Making sure his coat was clean from the dust he was rolling around in.

Y/N: you're alright, boy. I'll make sure you look clean in time for the competition tomorrow. Can't believe those girls will be having that sleep over this weekend. What can us boys do while they are doing that?

Zod whinnies as to answer you question. You chuckle a bit and continue your brushing on your horses mane. Bayle than walks from behind you.

Bayle: we're going to have a boys night out this weekend with Arthur. Just you, me, and jack. We're gonna experience what real men experience.

Y/N: don't tell me we're going to a place that is inappropriate for our age. I don't wish for my mom ti find out that I was a part of something that isn't for kids.

Bayle chuckles.

Bayle: Arthur wouldn't do that. He just wants us to have a good time. Im sure he is considering our age as young adults.

Y/N: how's John been since his horse passed away?

Bayle: jack says he's doing better; I sure hope so. Jack says that John he been a little unhinged lately, but nothing Abigail can't fix. She's doing her best with him.

Jack shows up with Alma. Alma was hugging jacks arm.

Alma: hola, what you boys been up to? You have been behaving yourselves?

Y/N: of course we have, Alma. We're just talking about my competition tomorrow. It's out of state, but nothing to worry about.

Jack: where are you and Sarah going exactly? Which state are you going to?

Y/N: will says the competition is in California. Me and Sarah are going to represent horseland there. Surely Chloe and Zoey should've, but we out bested everyone.

Alma: next time, I just hurt my toe that day.

Jack smiles and gives Alma a kiss on the cheek.

Bayle: so, when will you be back? Hopefully not too long.

Y/N: our train leaves tonight. We'll be back on Wednesday.

Jack: don't you just love Monday's?

Y/N: I don't doubt that; Bayle can you please take zod into the stables and get his stuff? I have to get going soon. Will told me to chat with him inside before Sarah gets here.

Bayle: you got it, Y/N. I'll have zod ready for you and his things by the time you and will come out.

Alma: good luck with your competition.

Jack: I'll be rooting for you both.

You have everyone a little wave as you make your way back to the house. Bayle toke care of zod for you, by doing what you said. Which was taking him to the stables to get his things.