Chapter 13 Blazing Heat

One hot day.

Teeny: oh shep, it's so hot out here.

Shep: you're telling me, teeny. Says to be a heat wave the whole week.

Teeny: all week? I don't know if I could stand another minute. Where's angora?

Shep: I don't know....maybe she's in the stable.

Shep turns around and than called out.

Shep: angora?!

Angora wakes up from her nap.

Angora: the one time I didn't want to hear your voice, shep. I'm trying to nap. This heat wave is getting to me.

Shep: just wanted to know where you were. Teeny was concerned about you.

Angora: well here I am. Now, let me sleep.

Shep: maybe we should get something to drink, teeny.

Teeny: don't need to tell me twice.

Shep and teeny go inside the house while you walk by.

Now your POV

Y/N: whew, it sure is hot out here, will.

Will: you're telling me. The news says this heat wave won't pass till next Monday.

Y/N: good thing we got the double horse dance routine done before the sun reached its highest today.

Will wipes some sweat from his forehead.

Will: it's good to let the horses rest inside the stables. When the sun sets a bit; we should let them graze.

Sarah than comes out with two bottles of water. She wasn't wearing her usual outfit. She was wearing a white shirt, jeans, and black boots. Along with some John Marston gloves.

Sarah: you boys have been working hard. Thought you two would love some water.

You and will take the bottles and glup the clean refreshing water down your dry throats.

Sarah: you boys must've been thirsty. I'll get Molly and Alma to make sure you 2 get refills when you need them.

You miss Sarah on the cheek.

Y/N: thanks, babe. Anyways, where's bayle? We need to take a trip into town soon. Horseland doesn't run on air.

Sarah giggles a bit.

Sarah: bayle has been overwhelmed with some responsibilities lately. Please don't mind his attitude today.

Will: that's not good; when bayle feels overwhelmed he takes stupid risks. When you're riding your horses to do any chores I assign you; you have to be careful always.

Y/N: you got it, will. You won't have to worry about that at all with me and zod.

Sarah: what else are we missing that you need us to get?

Will: I need bayle and Y/N to go into town and get some supplies to clean the horses water barrels. Make sure there's no bacteria building up.

Y/N: can Sarah come with us?

Will chuckles and drinks his water.

Will: I don't need you getting distracted, Y/N. Besides the usual road into town is closed due to an extreme drought and might kick up a sandstorm.

Y/N: we got sand?

Will: near the pond there's a small beach would go to, but it dried up. The wind will reach its highest. You and bayle are the strongest we got.