Chapter 27 Flood

One day at horseland your POV.

The sky was cloudy as you were sweeping up the stables a bit.

Will: you doing okay over there, Y/N?

Y/N; yeah, I'm okay. Just cleaning up after the horses.

Will: you know you don't have to do all the chores here, Y/N.

Y/N: yeah, but I just want to prove that I'm worth it.

Will: Y/N, you don't have to prove anything. You're a good attention to horseland.

Jack than walks into the stables while reading a book.

Jack: hey, Y/N, are we still on for the reading club?

Y/N; yeah, with Alma. Later though.

Jack: I'll let her know than.

Jack leaves the stables still reading his book, but was about to walk into a rake.

Will: jack, look out-

But too late, Jack got hit with the rack stick and got a little injury. You and will rush to jack and help him up. He than feels his forehead and some blood dropped down from his head.

Jack: ow, who left a rack over there?

Will: are you okay, Jack?

Jack: yeah, I'm fine. Ow, but it does hurt.

Will: you should've been paying more attention. The stables is no place for you to get distracted in.

Jack: I'm sorry.

Y/N: Jack, it's fine. I'll take care of it.

Will: come inside with me. I'll get you some 1st aid.

Jack: I'm okay, really.

Will: I know you are, but I just want to make sure your head doesn't get any infections.

Jack: thanks, will.

Will and jack make their way back to the house. As the clouds seemed to get a little more darker than normal. You pick up the rake, but not before looking up into the sky. You shrug and go back inside the stables.

Sheps POV

Teeny: what's wrong with jack? Did he get hurt?

Shep: it seems to me that he wasn't paying attention to where he was going and ended up hurting himself.

Angora: he's quite clumsy isn't he?

Shep: angora, you don't need to say that. I think he knows that, but doesn't want to be reminded of his flaw. Anyways, I hope Y/N finishes up before it rains.

Teeny: come on, Shep, rain is a lot of fun. We can roll around in the wet mud.

Angora: of course you would like that, teeny.

Shep: I'll take a rain check on that.

Teeny and angora groan at that joke.

Shep: what?

Teeny: that joke was bad.

Angora: for once, I agree with teeny. That was a pretty a joke.

Shep: least I tried. Haha.

Back at johns ranch.

John was drinking some coffee with Abigail. Bonnie than walks up to John.