Chapter 29 Desires And Crushes Part 2

Next morning at Alma's house.

Sarah knocks on the door. Alma comes to the door and was delighted to see Sarah.

Alma: hola, Sarah, what brings you here? We didn't plan the sleep over till next week.

Sarah: if it's not too much trouble I'd like to come in and talk to you about something.

Alma: is it about my crush for jack?

Sarah: if you're comfortable with talking to me about it that is. That is if you'll let me.

Alma: I talked to Molly about it, so if you want to come inside and talk about it ; I'll be more than happy to share about it with you.

Sarah: thanks alma.

Alma allows Sarah inside.

Alma: want to go upstairs? We can chat while we sit on my bed. I usually like to chat in my room really.

Sarah: if you want, Alma. We can talk anywhere as long as you're comfortable telling me what you feel.

Alma: come upstairs.

Sarah: are you sure your parents won't mind?

Alma: of course they won't. They left for work about an hour ago, so I have the house to myself for a while. Good thing it's a Saturday.

Sarah: you're telling me.

In Alma's room.

Sarah was met with the scent of sweet lavender and mint. Alma makes her way to her bed and slips off her slippers. Sarah takes her sneakers off and sits on the bed with Alma.

Alma: whatever I tell you can't leave this room okay, Sarah.

Sarah: you have my word.

Alma: I do have a crush on jack. It's been driving me crazy for a few months now, but I don't know how to tell him. What if he doesn't like me back or what if he has a girlfriend or something?

Sarah pats Alma on the shoulder.

Sarah: don't worry about that. Worry about what you'll feel if you don't tell him. I toke a risk once when I wanted to date Y/N. I had all these doubts and thoughts, same as you.

Alma: but yours worked out, some of us can't be so lucky. I worried that if he doesn't like me back; he'll never look at me the same way again. It'll just be so awkward, since we go to horseland together. What if he-

Sarah: Alma, like my mom tells me, what if never happens. It's only how and when. Since how you can confess your feelings and when is it appropriate to do so.

Alma: you're right, Sarah. I'm sorry I'm overreacting. It's just been on my mind, since I met Jack. All those times we read books together....and all those times we talked about horses.....he has such a passion for horses. He really is amazing.