Robbie's Journey (3)

The days passed and Robbie saw things that no one had seen for millions of years. 

He watched as the entire story of the Zerites on Earth unfolded. 

He saw that they were a simple people, a gentle people. 

 He saw them try to build a world for themselves on the new planet Earth. 

 He saw them fail. 

 He saw the beginning of Evil. 

The Corium who called himself Deark. 

 Although Ilene and Nonac would not allow Robbie to see the horrors of what Deark did, they implanted the memories in his mind so that when he got older and could better accept the facts as they were, they would resurface. 

All the stories were in the Elbib. 

In time, Robbie would read them all. 

 Robbie, Ilene and Nonac stood on the shoreline and looked across the water. 

 "Your time here is done, young Robbie." 

 Robbie looked up at Nonac. 

"Am I going back home?" 

 Nonac nodded. 

"We have done all we can do. From here on, it is up to you." 

 A tear came to Robbie's eyes as a realization hit him. 

He turned to Ilene and hugged her. 

"I will never see you again, will I?" 

 She knelt in front of him and wiped the tears from his eyes with the sleeve of her gown. 

"My time on Earth is done. I have to go back home again too." 

 "But you said your home was destroyed." 

 "It was Robbie, but there is a special place where those who lived on my planet are now gathered," Ilene explained. 

 "Is it heaven?" 

 "That is the name that your people have given it. There are many names for it, but we simply call it Home." 

 Robbie fought to hold back the tears. 

"What if I need your help?" 

 Ilene smiled and put her hand on Robbie's cheek. 

"You will know who to turn to, when the time is right. All the answers that you seek will be in the Elbib and they will come to you, as the time is appropriate." 

 Robbie looked around. 

"This is Maynard's Rock, isn't it?"