August 7, 2009 (4)

"My daughter is a huge fan of your son's writing," I informed the couple.

Allen pointed at Whisper.

I suddenly realized I had talked myself into a corner.

"I have another daughter Jenny. She is a huge fan. We got her a signed copy of 'The Para-Chronicles for Christmas."

"How old is your daughter?" Jayne asked.

Again I was backed into a corner. They would never understand.

"Jenny is seven. Well, eleven."

Allen smiled.

"Is she seven or eleven?"

I looked at Will.

"Honey?"

Will smiled and looked at the couple.

"Jenny is eleven for now."

"For now?" Allen asked, smiling.

Jayne looked surprised. "Isn't that a bit young for Bobby's books. They are more late teen to adult oriented."

"My daughter's are years ahead of their age," Will explained.

" You know the saying, she has an old soul?"

"I have heard it before," Jayne said, obviously looking for more of an answer.

"Well that could be written for my girls."

Jayne nodded.

"So where is Jenny?"

"She is in Edmonton. She went there with a friend of the family."

Jayne seemed satisfied with the answers, but she still had a look on her face.

"So where are you and Allen travelling from?" I asked, quickly, wanting to take attention from my girls.

"We were in England. Bobby sent us on a vacation to England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales."

Will spoke up. "That must have been amazing."

"It was. We had a jolly good time."

We laughed slightly at Jayne's bad English accent.

"It was a great trip," Allen continued.

"Bobby is such a good boy. He has internet sites and he writes. He actually does quite well with it. We thought he was wasting his time, in the beginning, but he has done so well for himself."

"Well I know Jenny so loves his books. Whisper has read them as well but she has always had a taste for the classics."