26

zoe's pov
travis curses "what's wrong?" i ask softly to him. our few days of being married have been blissful. we haven't told the general public yet. "they want me at a practice today, last second after i verified we won't have one so we can have this appointment" he sighs. he adds "i've not missed one yet and this one is important. we're going to find out the gender of our baby." guilt in his eyes. i take his hand "bear you have a job to do. and a super bowl to prepare for." he looks at me "you and this baby are what's important" i stroke his cheek "and i know you feel that. but the team needs you travis" "you need me" he tells me. i say "we can postpone it for tomorrow or the day after then you'll be able to be there" seeing just how much this is eating at him.

"no. i can't have you do that. this is an appointment for our baby's health. which is the most important thing of all. just go to the appointment. keep me updated." kissing me softly. i nod "i won't let them tell me the gender yet. i want us to have that moment together" he nods and grins. i kiss him "go to practice trav. we're going to be okay" he nods and says "bee?" turning back to me and i ask "yeah?" "i love you" he says and i grin "i love you" and with that he's gone. i get ready in a pair of leggings and one of travis' shirts and go to the appointment.

i sit on the table and the doctor starts the scan and i smile seeing the baby and she says "your baby girl is growing perfectly well and is as healthy as can be" i say "my what?" "your baby girl. you're having a girl congratulations" she says with a grin. i fight my want to scream. "i didn't want to know the gender yet i wanted to wait for my husband...but thank you for telling me without asking what i wanted" i tell her. she replies "oh im sorry i figured you'd want to know everyone does" "i did want to know...when my husband is here to find out too." i huff and we finish up. i think of what to do and sigh.

i smile though coming up with the perfect idea to surprise him with this. he wanted to be here and know and wanted to find out together but she stripped that from us. i head to the practice and kylie comes over "are you okay?" i sigh "yeah. everything's fine the baby is doing well and is healthy" she raises an eyebrow "then why do you look like you want to break everything?"

i reply "the doctor told me the gender of the baby without even asking if i wanted to know yet. travis wanted to be at the appointment today and i told him i'd not find out without him but now i know because of her and i don't want him to be upset at missing it. he didn't even want to leave for this practice because he wanted to know and be here and she took the choice of finding out together from us" she snaps "why the fuck would she do that?" i shrug and she hugs me "i'm sure travis will be happy regardless of you finding out before him! don't stress girl that man will love whatever way he finds out. wanna tell me what you're having?" with a smile.

i chuckle "i want him to be the first to know besides me Ky. but once that's done you'll be the first to know" she nods "i better be! i'm leaning with the fact you're having a girl" good guess kylie. i chuckle "not confirming or denying" she mutters "man" as we watch the practice. i'm hugged by patrick as he comes by "how'd the appointment go?" i huff "don't get me started" he pauses "everything okay with the baby bee?" i chuckle "yeah the baby is fine im just annoyed at the doctor"

he asks "what happened" i sigh "she blurted the baby's gender and travis wasn't there how he and i wanted him to be. just annoyed at her from taking that from us" he hugs me "relax sis, stressing and shit like this isn't good for the baby. or you for that matter" i nod and breathe and im hugged and i hug travis back and he grins "hey baby. how'd it go" i send him a smile "everything is fine. the baby is growing how he or she should be." and hand him the sonogram and he grins largely and says "damn this is the most precious thing i've ever seen" pulling me into a kiss. i smile and he asks "how'd you do?" i tell him "im alright bear. we both are. healthy and happy" he smiles "glad to hear. hungry? i got a bit of time for lunch" i nod and say "let's go"