7

travis' pov
soon the doctor comes and checks her head. me holding her hand through it as she gets a few stitches from the wounds and he says "i don't think she has a concussion. mind telling me what's going on here travis?" i say "her ex" leaving it at that. he says "keep an eye on her in case she starts having symptoms of a concussion" i nod and he leaves and i pay him. i sit with her and she mutters "i can't sleep in my room...i can't unsee or unfeel what i just went through" i kiss her head "you can stay with me in my room. we can get rid of your bed and get another one and rearrange your room so it's like a new space for you. same with the house" she nods "thanks" i pick her up and we head to my room and i ask "need anything?" she shakes her head "no" and lays down after going to get her toothbrush and we brush our teeth together.

i lay with her and she's got her back to me. i wrap my arms around her slowly careful so she doesn't freak out and i ask "this okay?" she nods. i pull her to me and we fall asleep. i wake hours later to her having a nightmare. i hold her and kiss her head and mutter "it's okay bee. i got you. i'm here baby" she whimpers "trav" coming out of it. i reply "im here baby. i'm right here" stroking her hair gently. she sniffles "he" i nod "i know. baby look at me" she does and i stroke her tears away "im never gonna let anyone hurt you ever again okay? ever" she nods and curls into me and she tells me "he came to get his stuff" "baby...you don't have to tell me right now" i tell her. she replies "he wanted to talk about his cheating. wanted me to be in a relationship with him and megan. i refused...he insisted on trying to talk. he got mad and hit me and i tried to get him off of me...trav i tried" she sniffles. "shh i know you tried. you don't have to say this now or defend yourself to me he overpowered you in our home and tried to do something absolutely terrible to you. something you don't deserve. something no one deserves." i tell her. she replies "i don't want to feel this...gross...hurt...sad anymore trav"

"you're not gross...you'll never be gross baby. ever. get some sleep i'll be here if you have another dream" kissing her forehead again. "i can't go to work like this...i can't" she sniffles. "shh baby. well worry bout that later. you need some rest okay?" she does and i soothe her to sleep and fall asleep myself too.