[ 131 ] the butterfly effect

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘
131. the butterfly effect

( songs for the chapter:
photograph — ed sheeran )

( songs for the chapter:photograph — ed sheeran )

october, 1981

𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑐𝑎𝑛 ℎ𝑢𝑟𝑡, 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑐𝑎𝑛 ℎ𝑢𝑟𝑡 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒𝑠

          𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗪𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗘𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗘𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘. A quiet, dark world leaving claw marks engraved in bright hearts, puncturing them with brutal shadows. 

      Droplets of rain hit Sirius' forehead, and the force only increased every second. 

      Whilst the sky rained down its misery on the two of them, and the burning house they grew to call home, Sirius could not help but think back to the bittersweet memory of the first time he met her.

      It was raining that evening. And the moment he kissed her hand, the rain stopped. Sirius made a delusional conclusion based on this—that they were meant to be. 

      "Sirius... like the star."

      "You don't like stars?"

      "I love stars."

      Now that he is holding the lifeless body of his soulmate, whilst she lays there not talking, not smiling, not looking him in the eye with a love-smitten grin, now that rain is back. The storm has returned. Guess their unity was fate after all, how the sky cried when he lost her.

𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔
ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑠 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑛
𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒'𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑧𝑒𝑛, 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙

      Sirius stayed right there. With his attire now soaked in Scarlet's blood, he held onto her as long as he could. Paralysed in place and eyes never leaving the sight of her beautifully structured face, he stayed. And if he could, he would stay there forever until both of their bodies decayed.