[ 079 ] captain james potter

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘
079. captain james potter

          𝗢𝗡 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥'𝗦 𝗗𝗔𝗬, 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧 sat down by the Black Lake in honour of their pact from when they were younger, and this time, they planned a month of pranks they were going to torment Sirius Black with. Realistically, Everest could not be happier to see the Marauders absolutely bat-shit perplexed about who in the castle was making their friend's life so utterly miserable. Only Rosier found out, but then again, Rosier found out everything somehow. 

      Spring approached, and Black's annoying tactics and stalking methods decreased, he was not bothering Scarlet all that much which made it easier for her to revise for N.E.W.T.s. 

      When she was starting to get out of the Great Hall to go to the library, she noticed a crowd of students staring at something on the wall and laughing loudly. From the corner of her eyes, she saw the Marauders running off into a dark hallway secretively. McGonagall was furious at whatever was on the wall, and she screamed at everybody to move along. 

      Scarlet decided not to waste her time trying to see whatever happened and left. After a long evening of work in the library, she arrived back in her common room quite late when she saw a pink-haired girl pacing about, concern littering her face. 

"Ambrose," she greeted the girl in acknowledgment with a sharp nod before starting to walk off to her dormitory. 

"Bridget—uh-sorry, can I—?" she stumbled over her words as she called for her, closing her eyes for an inhale in exhaustion.

"Yes?" She tiredly replied, turning to the girl again. 

      Ambrose was a year younger, she was in Regulus' year and Scarlet never spoke with her. Barty seemed to grow quite an issue with her—claiming her skirt was too short, eyeliner forever smudged, hair forever unbrushed—which would cause Evan and Regulus to snap back at him angrily. The purebloods were indeed raised to accept the proper criteria of acquaintances which would often lead Scarlet to question why Regulus would be so quick to defend Ambrose. Rosier, however, it made sense—he always fancied reckless and opinionated girls... scratch that, Rosier fancied everybody. 

"Can I ask you something... a tad bit improper?" she gulped as the blonde nodded in agreement. "How do you do it—the careless facade, that calm smile even though your life isn't perfect—I mean, none of ours is." She stumbled over her words a little.