[ 070 ] safe secrets and stardust

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘
070. safe secrets and stardust

          𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗗𝗚𝗘𝗧 𝗞𝗡𝗘𝗪 was that she was in the hospital wing. A faded whisper could be heard. Her head ached badly, and the events that occurred beforehand rushed to her brain along with a harsh flow of blood. 

"Do you suppose she is dead?"

"Don't say such disgraceful things, young lady!"

"She's clearly breathing."

      Her eyes shot open. She gasped for a breath before she could process her surroundings. Her breathing was rapid, the memory of having Sirius' lifeless body in her arms fresh in her mind.

"Sirius? Where is he?"

"I'm right here, Blondie." That was when she realised her hands were not numb anymore, and they were intertwined with Sirius' who sat right beside her bed, looking down at her. Her hands were slightly shaky, her heartbeat increasing.

      She looked into his storm-flecked irises and squeezed his hands right back, tightly. Her other hand reached his cheek, thumb caressing his face gently in relief. He's okay, he's just fine.

"Hey," He said softly. "Hey—you're okay, you're safe now." He reminded her that as soon as she went pale, her hands started to tremble.

"Should we give them some privacy?" Everest whispered, turning to face Madam Pomfrey, only to see she had disappeared and left the three alone. This made her huff out of annoyance.

"I—I don't understand, what happened?" She was still trembling, a jolt of pain running through her hands.

"I think you were having a nightmare," Everest shrugged, uncertain in her tone. "I woke up to see you at our dressing table, your hands were all cut up from your sharp rings..." She trailed off. "You were gasping for breath, sort of like in a trance or something—"

"What matters is she is okay," Sirius nodded, "you arrived there on time, Chasseur, thank Merlin." He started to graze his thumb delicately over the blonde's palm. That was when she realised her hands were thinly bandaged up.

"Alright, I'm definitely giving you two some space." Everest chimed in with absolute repulse, looking between the two's dreamy gaze. Scarlet quickly snapped out of her haze and turned to her best friend.