[ 043 ] shotgun shot in the dark

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
043. shotgun shot in the dark

          "𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗦𝗜𝗥𝗜𝗨𝗦?" Some girl babbled in her ear as she was trying to enter her Potions lesson the next day.

"What?" She was mainly zoned out as she walked, and turned around to see a girl in black and yellow with a large grin on her face.

"You and Sirius, are you still a thing?"

Everest shot her a warning gaze, but the girl did not take the hint. She kept staring at Scarlet for an answer. Fucking Hufflepuffs.

"I don't see how that's any of your business." Scarlet shot back.

For a second, the Hufflepuff almost forgot how exactly Scarlet Bridget is. "You don't have to be so rude."

"You haven't seen me be rude," Scarlet almost towered over her, the heels she wore only added to her height over the short girl in a pigtail.

"I was just asking because my friend wanted to hook up with him." She suddenly blurted out. Everest soon chimed in, tugging Scarlet's threatening figure away from the girl.

"Then tell your lovely friend to go to Black herself and ask if he wants to fuck her," Everest glared until the girl walked away, muttering something under her breath.

"Will you tell Slughorn I'm feeling sick, I need to go kill myself." Scarlet told Everest in an exaggerated manner.

Everest dragged her to her seat, "You missed yesterday's lesson, and you want to skip today?"

"Right, that doesn't sound much like me." Scarlet smirked lightly.

The days were starting to become more and more awful. All anybody could talk about was the drift between the Marauders. Snape would shoot Scarlet occasional suspicious glances, all of which she ignored vigorously. 

      Often, she could see Sirius chasing his three friends, muttering something desperately that they merely ignored. She hasn't spoken to Sirius, and he did not attempt to speak to her either. Perhaps their lack of conversations made people wonder if they were still a thing. 

      On the opposite side of the hall during dinner time, Marlene was sat next to Sirius, trying to ask him if he was all right.

"Was it that bad, the fight you guys had?" Marlene asked Sirius.