[ 033 ] the insufferable slytherins

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
033. the insufferable slytherins

          𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗣𝗜𝗧𝗘 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧'𝗦 𝗥𝗘𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗦, 𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗥𝗘𝗙𝗨𝗦𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗪𝗘𝗔𝗥 muggle-clothings as they made their way onto the Hogwarts Express. She refused to join the other Prefects and practically begged Professor Dumbledore to allow her to be with her friends.

"As soon we arrive, I don't want to be seen with you," Everest cast Scarlet a look, glancing up and down with a playful grimace.

"You're being overdramatic, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that," Scarlet told her, pushing her trolly. Jeans looked so uncomfortable, even more than her robes and dresses. Then she heard laughter. The two girls turned around to see James chasing after Remus with a rat in his hands. 

"What the fuck is that," Everest grimaced even more at the sight of the dirty rat. "It looks dislocated."

"It's a strange rat for sure," Scarlet snickered because she knew exactly who the animal was, but it came out as a snort that caught Eve by surprise.

"What happened to your impeccable manners, young lady?" Everest laughed aloud. 

"A week with my mother is going to bring it all back, don't you worry," Scarlet assured. However, questionable thoughts plummeted through her brain. Surely, her behaviour has changed a lot in a way nobody would approve of. She did not want to get shunned and there existed no such person who could change her presentation.

"Is it the Sirius Black effect?" Everest asked in a whisper. "The way you've changed."

Scarlet whipped her head in her direction. "What, how did you know what I was thinking?"

"I told you, I know everything about you."

Then a figure pushed the two girls apart. Evan Rosier stood in between, his arms draped around the two of them now. 

"I'll miss my favourite ladies," Evan playfully grinned, glancing between the two.

Everest rolled her eyes. "Feeling's not mutual,"

"Ouch, you hurt my heart, Eve, what's gotten into you?" Evan raised a brow, then turned to Scarlet who had a small smile on her face as she waved at Dorcas. "Have you two switched personalities?"