[ 105 ] evan rosier

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘
105. evan rosier

( song for the chapter:
people you know — selena gomez )

( song for the chapter:people you know — selena gomez )

BRIDGET HOUSE
march, 1980

          𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗘𝗩𝗘 𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗜𝗗 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗢𝗦𝗘 𝗦𝗜𝗥𝗜𝗨𝗦 𝗕𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗨𝗦𝗘 𝗜𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗙𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗥 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗬. It was her choice to love him. She was sat by the dining table, waiting for Sirius to prepare two cups of coffee whilst freshly baked , store-brought pastries laid on the table, smoke billowing from them. 

Sirius placed a cup in front of her with a smile, "here you go, milady, all yours." He leaned down and used his fingers to raise her chin, placing a deep kiss against her lips. She smiled lightly as he pulled away, softly pushing her eyes open. Salazar, she never really did get tired from choosing to love him.

"You know, I think I could've done much better than you," She faked a grimace, then playfully grinned as she swirled her coffee.

Sirius cast her a look as he sat down, popping his elbows on the table and placing his face on his palms, eagerly looking into her eyes. "Oh, yeah?"

"Oh yeah," she confirmed, glancing momentarily at him.

"That's not what it seemed like last night,"

"Sirius!" She groaned loudly, slumping back in her seat and hiding her face in her hands. She blushed at every memory from last night. As though the touch of him was some delicate poetry. "You're a piece of rubbish, you know that?"

Sirius set down his fork and looked at her with puppy-dog eyes again. "You really think there's someone alive out there who'd love you better than I do?"

Sirius Black and his lack of humility. "No," she blurted out against her will. "I don't think anyone could love me better," there was a time she believed nobody could love her. It was Sirius who had swept her off her feet and proved her wrong. He showed her she was worthy of love and affection, worthy of being chosen to share the rest of his life with.