[ 038 ] the heiress loses her cool

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
038. the heiress loses her cool

( song for the chapter:
bad girls — M.I.A. )

 )

          𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧'𝗦 𝗕𝗘𝗗 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗙𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗗 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗖𝗟𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗦 and shoes that Jaggy was organising neatly onto her luggage before she returned to Hogwarts whilst Scarlet put her necessary books into a separate bag. 

Then she was interrupted by the loud yelling from her mother downstairs. 

"Carly, come back here at this instant!" Celeste sounded furious, sounding out of Earth. "CARLY!"

Scarlet shot Jaggy a confused look as the elf quickly ran downstairs, and Scarlet followed after a few seconds.

"Is there anything Mistress Briget would like for Jaggy to explain?" Jaggy appeared out of nowhere at Celeste's feet, fear encapsulated in his large eyes.

"I'd like for Carly to explain," she slammed down a letter against Scarlet's chest harshly the moment the girl appeared in the living room.

"What's the matter?" She quizzed in confusion, opening up the stamped letter. However, she did not need to read it. Seeing the Brighton address and it being signed by Ted Tonks and Andromeda Black, she squeezed her eyes shut in misery.

"I cannot believe this, did you go behind my back?" Celeste screamed in her face. "Any contact with her, we will be doomed!"

"I'm not going anyway, this is just formality!" Scarlet argued.

"Did you lie to me the other day?" Celeste asked, "Vinda claims she hasn't seen either of us since last year, did you lie to me about going to see Evan?"

"Mama, it won't happen again—I'm telling you—"

"Enough!" Celeste put a stop to her words. "How disappointing, do you have any idea how much trouble this could cause us if anybody finds out?"

"Nobody will, I'll make sure of it," Scarlet felt apologetic; their relationship was finally mending.

"I'm starting to think I'll have to take excessive measures, Sirius is not a good effect on you at all and I might have a talk with Walburga about it."