[ 010 ] illicit activities after nightfall

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
010. illicit activities after nightfall

( song for the chapter:
night changes ━ one direction ) 

( song for the chapter:night changes ━ one direction ) 

          𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗧𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗘𝗗 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗣𝗘𝗡 𝗔𝗕𝗦𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗗𝗟𝗬 𝗜𝗡 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗣𝗢𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦 𝗟𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗢𝗡, watching as Everest struggled to find the page where the instructions were laid. Initially, she felt quite giddy about being paired up with Everest for the term, however, she was starting to regret it.

"Eve, hurry up." Scarlet groaned.

"It's not like you're a good help, S."

"All you have to do is find the page—"

"I can't!" Everest shoved the book in her direction and the blonde rolled her eyes. "I didn't get any sleep last night."

Scarlet found the instructions in less than five seconds, turning to her friend with a deadpan expression. "You snored the entire night."

"How would you know?"

"Because I didn't sleep at all last night." She shrugged.

"Miss Bridget, Miss Evans," Professor Slughorn approached, looking at Scarlet and trailing his eyes behind her where Lily stood with Marlene. "I'm sure you've heard of my club, how would you like to join?"

"It'd be an honour, sir." Said Lily with a beam of excitement.

Scarlet heard good things about it, especially from Regulus who was invited last year. "Of course, professor."

"And you, Mr Black and Mr Potter?" He turned away to James and Sirius who pretended to read their textbook upside down. The two of them looked at Remus and Peter who nodded approvingly, sending a thumb-up.

James nodded hesitantly. "Uhm, sure."

"Yes, we'll be there professor."

"Wonderful!" He clapped his hands together. "Wait for my owl tonight, you four."

The class finished quickly and Slughorn dismissed them. "I'll see you in the common room." Scarlet tells Everest who nods and makes her way out. Scarlet followed but slower, watching James and Sirius giggling about something dumb.

"Blondie." Sirius said in a seductive tone as soon as his eyes laid on her. James' gaze lingered between the two, he narrowed her eyes and moved a bit away, not exactly wanting to witness his best friend flirting with a Slytherin.