[ 073 ] aim for my heart, go for blood

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘
072. aim for my heart, go for blood

( song for the chapter:
scott street — phoebe bridgers
you're losing me — taylor swift )

( song for the chapter:scott street — phoebe bridgersyou're losing me — taylor swift )

❝ 𝑚𝑎𝑦𝑏𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑚𝑒𝑎𝑛𝑡
𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑏𝑙𝑦 𝑏𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡
𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ ❞

━━━━ 𝑳𝑬𝑰𝑮𝑯 𝑩𝑨𝑹𝑫𝑼𝑮𝑶

      𝗦𝗜𝗥𝗜𝗨𝗦 𝗕𝗟𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗗𝗚𝗘𝗧 𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗗 𝗨𝗣 𝗔𝗧 𝗝𝗔𝗠𝗘𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥'𝗦 doorstep on Christmas Eve. The tiniest specks of snow dotted the grass outside, houses were decorated with Christmas lights and festive embellishments. It felt colder and smelled like pure winter.

      Bridget was kneeling on the ground, Sirius' head on her lap. The pair was covered in snow, oozing blood from his wounds, and her dress was the only source of morbid colour in a world full of fairy-tale-like, glimmering snow and luminescence. 

      Scarlet struggled to lean forward with Sirius's head resting in her lap and managed to knock on the Potter's wooden door three times.

"Keep your eyes open, love, just listen to my voice, please" she soothed the damp tears on his cheeks, pushing the sweaty hair out of his face and running an incredibly shaking hand through his raven hair to comfort him. 

He trembled vicariously in her arms, one of his hands clutched onto hers so tightly in a way to ease his pain, that Scarlet thought her bones might break. "Scarlet," he whispered out of desperation, but he did not exactly have anything to say. 

"You're okay, you're safe now," she kept murmuring sweet things to him. Sirius almost thought it was a dream. A dream where he escaped and will never go back. "I'm right here, darling, you're all right." Her thumb gently ran soothing circles over his knuckles.

      The door swept open, and a blob of a bright red-pajamas-wearing figure appeared. 

      James Potter was careless. He did not have a single care of any consequences of his actions throughout his teenage years. However, when he opened the door to his house that night, watching his best friend on his porch steps, wrapped in the arms of a pleading Slytherin, begging him to keep his eyes open, a sense of responsibility hit him. A sense of fury hit him.