[ 059 ] as the darkness caves in

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘
059. as the darkness caves in

          𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗞𝗡𝗘𝗦𝗦 𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗢𝗟𝗩𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗 𝗔 𝗙𝗨𝗟𝗖𝗥𝗨𝗠 𝗢𝗙 𝗦𝗘𝗖𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗬. A hint of darkness still roamed around in Scarlet Bridget's mind and heart when she quietly sat in the Prefect compartment of the train back home. 

"What about no loitering in the corridors," Lily Evans chimed in with an exciting smile, looking around the compartment full of individuals from different Houses. 

From the edge of her sight, Scarlet saw Rosier rolling his eyes, "This is a free country, if a kid wants to stand and admire, let it."

"Are we referring to First Years' as 'it' now?" One of the Ravenclaw with luscious hair pointed out, a look of grimace on her face.

"I refer to things however I like," Evan shot her a sarcastic smile, and before the two could get into a long-lasting argument, Remus cut in sharply.

"And Bridget, what do you think?"

"I think we let Evan and Evans argue, it's 'ought to be interesting." She sent a tight-lipped smile. It was as clear as day that troubles had been lifted off her shoulder, and her words and expressions certainly seemed a tiny bit lighter.

"Do you s'pose our Herbology homework is a little irregular, perhaps I can speak to Professor Sprout about this." Lily's words caused everybody else to let out a loud groan, and Scarlet tried to stifle a laugh when she saw the absolute look of horror rising on Evan's face.

"If you don't agree on a matter, I will tell Dumbledore we do not need any renovation." As soon as Narcissa Black uttered those words in an authoritative tone, everybody else burst out into arguments about multiple proposals they put forward to improve the living of Hogwarts. Narcissa was graduating that year, and her solemn last action as a Prefect was to terrify everybody else. Least to say, Scarlet had her eye on that glinting badge.

      The students orderly made their way out of the train when they arrived at King's Cross Station and stepped onto the pavement to find their families. Suddenly, Scarlet's heartbeat reached its maximum speed, and she suddenly gasped in uttermost pain as horror encapsulated her. A terrible voice constantly nagging in her head, 'something bad is about to happen, something terrible is going to happen', and the warning only intensified.