[ 002 ] chasing fortune and fame

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
002. chasing fortune and fame

          𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗘𝗗 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗔𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥. 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗠𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗖𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗘 only deepened the dislike. To see the stone-cold glare Zircon Bridget would shoot Celeste every dinner time, to see her mother flinch whenever he would raise his hand to fix his sleeve, it burnt the little girl. It tore apart her insides with only fury and rage she could not get rid of. 

      Scarlet remembered the indecent moments all too well. The time she broke a flower vase and her mother took the blame. So, her father slapped her across the cheek. Her mother screamed at her to go back to her bedroom, and only the pillows suffered from the little girl's endless tears. 

      Growing up, she was made of fire. With so much fire, she could not see the world free of burning soil and trees.

Scarlet faced the stone-cold irony of her name. In no matter of time, her dreams were blood stained and the so-called beauty of nature was tainted crimson.

The girl did not shed any tears when her father passed away. The Bridget family and her mother's side of the family—the Malfoy's reunited for the funeral, Whilst everybody assumed Scarlet stood in shock, a neutral expression on her face and nothing more than emptiness radiating from her wide eyes, her mother knew the uncanny relief the girl felt, Of course, her mother knew everything.

      The Bridget family were the embodiment of power, wealth and intelligence. However, the false picture of perfection of the Bridget Manor was draining. The restless and complacent parts of her devilish mind seemed to play tug-of-war with her soul. The beautiful manor had no laughter or warmth within its walls; there was no love. 

      It was aesthetically pleasing to look at, it was not pleasing to feel the place.

      Being one of the brightest girls her age, she was used to the charming words thrown at her. Perhaps it was a privilege, perhaps a curse to have Bridget's blood running through her veins. She did not know. All she knew was that she glistened under the eyes of others—living up to her family's expectations who were named after various different sparkling gems.

Celeste stood with her daughter at Kings Cross Station, awaiting the Black family's arrival. "Stand straight."

"I feel like a wall, mama." Scarlet huffed. "Do I really need four bags of just clothes?"