[ 074 ] what sort of feeling

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘
074. what sort of feeling

( songs for the chapter:
seven — taylor swift)

( songs for the chapter:seven — taylor swift)

          𝗜𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗦𝗡𝗢𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗢𝗨𝗧𝗦𝗜𝗗𝗘, 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗧𝗘 𝗕𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗞𝗘𝗧 overshone the dark night. What's wrong with me? I don't understand what's wrong with me. 

      The events of the night led Scarlet to the garden of the Potter residence, sitting on the ground with her back against a cold wall as she watched the flowers planted under the starry sky. A rose in her hands as she picked out the petals of it, one by one. Lost in the train of her thoughts. One of the thorns from the roses pricked into her hand and she winced.

      The same hand she used to point that wand at Sirius. And suddenly, without thinking, she allowed the thorns to dig into her skin again. Crimson sputtered from mere spots, running down her dainty fingers and covering the plethora of silver rings. Breath caught in her throat, she swore she deserved it.

      The pain.

      The suffering.

      The brutal words. The stinging pain in the palm of her hand. The blossoming pain in her heart. She ruined everything. She had the last bit of hope rising in her life and she threw it away because she had no control. No control.

      All she could see was bright red. As though a scarlet paint blurred her vision. Her hand ached. Frantically, she took out the wand that rested in the pocket of her dress, dug her palm into the sharp crow head of it in rage, and harshly threw it across the garden with a cry. She did not want it anymore. Her safety net—that wand she instinctively carried everywhere for her defense, she wanted to burn that piece of wood until it disappeared. Scarlet was sick of herself. So sick of being who she is.

"Fuck," she tugged at her hair, hoping the burning sensation on her scalp would ease the hurt of her heart. "Fuck,"

      Wondering why her first instinct was always to draw blood, she allowed her cobalt eyes to set back onto the sky filled with constellations again. The sky she used to admire with him. Sirius. Sirius attacked first. Attacked her with the jumble of all insecurities she ever trusted him with, mercilessly. Squinting her eyes, she could see Constellation Carina shining brighter than most nights, brimming right down at her, making her tears glisten.