[ 044 ] toujours pur

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
044. toujours pur

          "𝗪𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗜𝗦 𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗜𝗡 𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗗𝗢𝗥𝗠?" 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗘𝗗 in a bored tone, blinking at the sight of Regulus sitting on a chair by the girls' dressing table.

At her words, he frowned a little, a pout visible on his lips. Loud music emitted from the common room even before the party had started, thanks to Barty Crouch Jr. 

"You come to my dorm all the time," Regulus retorted.

Scarlet raised a sharp brow at the brunette girl who shrunk back into her place on the bed. "Why would you be in his room?"

"To steal my fire whiskey, I should ask Dumbledore for a restraining order against you!" Regulus snapped back, suddenly grumpy about Everest's initial question. He passed his pitch-black tie to Scarlet and the girl stood up from her bed and took it.

"Stand," she asked him and he did. Despite being younger, he certainly towered over her just a little. She put the lace fabric around his collar and started to do his tie.

"How are you a Black and don't know how to tie a tie?" Everest wondered.

"Shut up, Eve, I saw you struggle to tie your shoelaces," Regulus told her.

Scarlet blurted out a snicker which made Everest scowl heavily. "What is it with you two? Bickering all the time." Scarlet wondered.

"Besides, my mother really hasn't taught me anything except that 'toujours pur' mania," he saw Scarlet's gaze flicker to his piercing grey eyes momentarily before she averted her attention.

"See, I'm quite good at this," Everest put her leg up in the air from her sitting position, pointing at her white trainers on which she tied her show-laced wonkily. Regulus shot her a look of a playful grimace. 

Scarlet tugged at the tie and Regulus' eyes widened at the pressure around his throat. 

"Merlin, are you trying to strangle me?" He spoke in a strained tone.

Scarlet pulled her hands away and brushed them against his all-black suit, straightening the top of his blazer. "Look at you, as handsome as ever."

Regulus scoffed at her tone of sarcasm and turned away, starting to itch his pale skin around the collar of his black shirt.