[ 057 ] prayers of a cursed man

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
057. prayers of a cursed man

( song for the chapter:
teenage dream — olivia rodrigo )

( song for the chapter:teenage dream — olivia rodrigo )

          "𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗘𝗗," 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗢𝗗 𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 in front of her the moment Scarlet walked through the doors of the dormitory. "You promised you'd seek help, why can't you just listen to me for once,"

Scarlet ignored her as she walked past her, not sparing her any meaningful glance. "I told you, I need some time."

Everest watched as she kneeled down to the ground, shoving her arm underneath the bed and taking out a bottle of drink. The brunette snatched it from her bravely in a matter of seconds, watching as Scarlet's eyes widened in an intimidating manner.

"Give it back,"

"So, what, you can just forget about all of this," Everest challenged, one of her brows quirking. "You have to face this now or then,"

The blonde's hands dropped to her side defeatedly. "Fine, don't let me drink, I'm going to sleep."

"Why can't you just listen to me for once?" Everest roared.

"I am listening, I have been listening—! I'm trying to fix myself—" Scarlet whirled around, stumbling over her words as she defended herself. 

"There is nothing to fix about yourself, Scarlet," Everest cut in. "You're good, you're a good person and if someone is doing something horrible to you, we have to do something about it."

"Why couldn't it be easier," Scarlet sat down on the bed, hands clutching the bedsheet tightly. "Why did it have to be me, why did I have to be the insane one? Why did it have to be now? Now that I'm finally starting to be at peace—"

"Hey, S, hey," Everest kneeled down on the ground before the girl, taking her hands in hers and squeezing them lightly. "You're not insane and you will be at peace, but I told you before, everybody needs somebody to look out for them — nobody is capable of fighting all alone."

Scarlet's lips parted and she desperately wanted to scream, I need help. But she could not. She could not appear vulnerable when the barrier around her was practically made of ice. Unbreakable.